If you have any tips for Promoting music put them here

try reading a few threads in the marketing, business, legal section of the forums first i.e. do your own research and then ask questions where you do not udnerstand what it is that you have read...

Last edited:
Best thing to start doing is following people and commenting on their music, you usually get love in return. You'll have to do the work if you want the results. You can also use their promotions but I dont really recommend it.

Thumbs up to trizzytrebeats!

You have to start interacting with other people on Soundcloud. Re-posting their stuff and making sure they look good. Maybe even DM them and ask them for advice. The more connections you make the better off you'll be when it comes to the time when they help promote you.

Agree and disagree with trizzytrebeats...

Yes, interact. But only if it's genuine. Don't spam follow people or something. A mistake I think everyone seems to make in the beginning.

Join Groups, and add your songs to them from time to time.

Adding to this: you can wait a few days, remove the song from the group and post if again. Specially on groups that are crowded. Also, try doing this on different hours of the day, because normally people are on different time zones as well.

Often overlooked is the quality of your cover art. Make sure you have something professional looking, you want something to help you stand above the noise (no pun intended).

I strongly agree with interacting with people but not just with everyone. If you wanna promote/sell your music you need to target people. To get new fans,the best way is to target people who already like someone similar to you but just a bit better. Lol I don’t mean there is someone better then you but someone better in promoting. Targeting fans of the big names can be risky so don’t shoot too high. It’s also important to choose the right place. Social media are huge these days so no matter if you like it or not Facebook, twitter, youtube are the place to be. And yeah definitely work with others. That gives you exposure and you can learn from each other.

Back