If u a rapper i need your answer real quick !^^

nicman1234

Lets say u found a really dope FREE beat on youtube and the producer sells exclusive rights for the beat.
Would you buy the exclusive rights or would you continue searching for other dope beats which are leaseable/buyable (not free) ?

Im thinking about giving out beats for free (since im only 15 years old so i dont need to make money) but if someone wonna buy exclusive i would sell them.
thats why i would like to know if serious artists would still buy the beat....

Lets say u found a really dope FREE beat on youtube and the producer sells exclusive rights for the beat.
Would you buy the exclusive rights or would you continue searching for other dope beats which are leaseable/buyable (not free) ?

Im thinking about giving out beats for free (since im only 15 years old so i dont need to make money) but if someone wonna buy exclusive i would sell them.
thats why i would like to know if serious artists would still buy the beat....

I'm not a rapper but I know enough of them to know that a serious artist will always buy a beat if they want it. Also, you never wanna simply give away free beats just because you can, since it'll make your beats worth less in the end. Give some away for free, but sell the better ones.

Since you're still young in game, you'll have to deal with way more non-serious artists than serious ones for the next few years. Rappers run a lot of game and flake on promises to buy, so you have to always act like you have someone else waiting to buy your track even if that's not true. But no man, never give away all your beats for free. Give away a few here and there, but make sure people know your art is worth something or it'll be worth nothing when you are ready to start selling them.

Cheers!

Back