If i`m not from the USA, can i register my beats in there?

Adr

I live in Argentina, but i want to sell beats to other countries. Here you have to pay to copyright your music but i heard that in the USA you can do it for free or cheaper. Is it okay if i do it? Could i do it? Do i have to live in the US to do it?

Thanks

Somebody lied to you hard as hell, lol...

I think a SR-copyright with the US Library of Congress is like $35-45 dollars, but yes I do believe they would want you to be a citizen of the USA to use a government-funded service....

You should check with copyright laws where you are, or look up international copyright law.

I live in Argentina, but i want to sell beats to other countries. Here you have to pay to copyright your music but i heard that in the USA you can do it for free or cheaper. Is it okay if i do it? Could i do it? Do i have to live in the US to do it?

Thanks

You could copyright it in the states but it would help if you had relatives in the states or a company that is formed in the states

Last edited:
Yes, actually I _think_ the current cost is $40 (I haven't actually filed paperwork in quite some time), and yes, I'm sure they'd be glad to accept your money and file your LOC paperwork. But, read it all for yourself at www.loc.gov ...

GJ

Last edited:
Back