I Want my Own Website! Where do I start?

N

NewFoundation

Hey guys, I want to get my own official website and I'm not talking about Soundclick, Soundcloud, Myspace or anything like that. I mean my very own www dot mymusicsitename dot com website where I can post my beats, offer sales, and promote myself as well as other artists.

Where would I start? How would I create or use designs? And how much would it all cost?

Well let's start

Domain names:

There's many places you can get a domain name but personally I got mine from name.com because they're cheaper and if you find promo codes it makes the prices of your domain name even cheaper. I had it for a little over a year and I just renewed my domain name with them. It worked out fine with no problems or hassle for me. Go Daddy is the more popular place to get domain names but Go Daddy knows how to hustle you for your money if you don't know what you're doing.

Hosting:

You need hosting. I'm not too smart or sure on what hosting really is but look into it. I just know it costs money. For example SoundClick is the host for my website. Read the next thing I have to say... It may help you skip this step.

Web Design:

Every good website has a good web design. You can make your own for cheap or almost nothing or you can go to website builders like Website Builder | Create a Free Website with Wix.com, wordpress.com, Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting and more. These websites do the hosting themselves so you don't have to worry so much but in a way these websites kind of limit you and ask you to pay to increase those limits.

All of the above:
If you want someone who would do all the above I suggest Websites
They're costly but they'll help you get through the process and make your webpage look good. There's other people that can help you out too but you just have to look for them.

One suggestion though is don't mark off soundclick or other sites. One thing about soundclick is that it promos you and introduces other people to you in ways you wouldn't expect (unique fan base). But anyways... Good Luck!

Why do you want your own website? I am not saying that you shouldn't want one, but I am trying to get you to have a plan first. What do you want the website to do? I assume selling beats....so do you have a pay pal or payment system? You will need a e-commerce shopping cart system and a product delivery system unless you intend on emailing every sold beat. How will you promote this site? What is your monthly hosting budget? I don't need the answers to these questions....but you do. DAHTRUMP gave you some good info to get you started. Once you have answers to a few questions, then do some research to see what will work for your situation. Most freebie site builders like webs, weebie, etc., don't have a product delivery system build in. You can have someone do it for you, use a template or build it yourself, it is up to you. I see soooooo many people building websites for beats and then 6 months later they give up because there is no traffic (which equals no sales) to their site. If you build it they WON'T go there....if you promote it they WILL. Good luck man!

Oh maybe hit up Producer JC on here I think he builds sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few options to consider

Hello,

We've written an article that might help you out: ethicalstudios.com/en/blog/get-best-website-your-budget. It discusses 3 options: website builders (simple but flexible point-and-click solutions), ready-to-go websites (preconfigured for your needs), and custom websites.

Hope it helps!

Andrew
Websites for NGOs, charities and ethical companies

ethicalstudios.com

HIMbeats
Is right on it. Im Sure you read somewhere that this is what you need to make more or even any money.
Not saying this isnt true. what himbeats is saying is if your not doing what you need to do as far as promoting and marketing yourself the only sale you will get is the ones when people stumble upon your page.

I ve gotten sales through aol chat rooms before. You have to become a salesman something im still learning.

So im personally offering, and i challenge anyone with a better deal,
www . beatsurban.com/ profile page
I have over 10 page themes but im only using 2: example 1 example 2
also
www . beatsurban.com/sub domain Example
this dosent has to have any association with beatsurban.com or your page on beatsurban.(your profile page)
In others words you can make this page sell cat food if you want and water. look anyway you wont just send your website files
So in all you will be getting 1 web pages on beatsurban and 1 sub domain in all with unlimited space for any kind of files, free email blasts and promotions on social networks and beatsurban for just 29.99 month
if your ready to join just sign up as a beatmaker or artist and send a messege.

it really so much to explain so if your interested we can exchange numbers

Last edited:
Back