I want to be a musicproducer, so i need....

Picherhard

Hey guys!

I‘m doing a research for my study MediaMusic!
What do you think are the 3 most important things/ skills/ whatever, if you want to become a successful Musiproducer ( successful = being able to live just with working on music )
Don‘t think to long over it, just what comes in your mind first! :)

Would be cool, if you could post what you think is important, it would really help me! :)
Thx in advance!

Passion. Have to be passionate about something, the money will follow. Frugal. When doing music full time, money can be slow and isn't always the highest paid profession. Again, you have to be passionate. Perseverance! You can become extremely jaded trying to produce music full time, especially Hip Hop. There is alot of bullshit out there that can wear you down and make you wanna quit, so you have to keep persevering.

skill,passion/business music knowledge/networking

skill=you need to be able to make decent beats and work with artists

passion=love making music just to make music

business music knowledge/networking=in this day and age it's important to be indie and DIY your own marketing/promotion/website content development
and when it comes to networkng not be shy and willing to talk face to face,online instant messaging/and on the phone really connect with up and coming artists

in my opinion which pretty much on point with everyone else that posted

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
If you're serious about accomplishing your music goal, and really want to know what's up, then follow these instructions and start accomplishing today.

1. Meet people in the music business.
2. Look for people to do business with.
3. Give people a reason to buy from you.

Its kind of hard now joining the online beat world.. but you can do it. You just have to learn the steps...
1. make beats.. lol. might be obvious.. but you have to build a substantial library.
2. Quality is everything, learn how to make quality material that will sell.. learn learn learn...
3. learn your target market... learn what type of beats you make and who would be interested in them
4. learn how to market to your targeted audience.. getting your beats out there is the most important thing..
5. continually build build build!!! repeat!!

now these steps are very broad, because what you do within these sub-steps is different to what another producer might do..
use these steps as a broad outline of how you should try to run your beat selling business.

Hope this helps.

I think the most important things are practise, promotion and you being open for everything. Ofcourse you first have to learn first about creating the music, but promoting it is just as important or maybe even more important. Sometimes I hear stuff and think, how can they make so much money of their good, but not great music. And with being open I mean taking every opportunity you get, and don't just make one style of music but try out everything.

1. Being able to coming up with killer melodies
2. Being able to reinvent your sound (like Max Martin or Stargate)
3. Being aware of what sound is hot now.

In my opinion u should just follow ur heart and keep goin after your dream!! Dont run after money cuz that will give u nothing and learn everything u can about what u do.

Passion is the biggest. You won't make it if you are just in it for the cash.

Know a bit about all kinds of business, sales, and marketing. Music business, electronic equipment (not just production tools), Art business, direct and internet marketing (believe it or not directly marketing your stuff works a bit better). You also need to NETWORK YOUR ASS OFF. not just online. Get up and get out there and network.

Back