I need your help asap! Please!

DAHTrump

DAH Trump
I got this message recently. How should I respond and what should I do?

"We're a Youtube channel that produced weekly content for our international audience. Till now, we always used copyrighted filmscores for our videos. But in the future, we'd like to use only music were we own the rights of. We found you and your youtube channel and we were very impressed by your work, so we'd like to work with you. Do you have some original composed work? (So no score-remakes.) If you do, we'd like to hear them and possibly buy them. We'd also like to work with you so you can compose music for our new video's that will be uploaded in the future. We got a budget for music so we are able to pay you.

If you're interested in composing scores for us, please contact us back.

Regards,"

Last edited:
Go ahead, i don't see anything about them saying about they want to sign you to a label or somethin lol, think of it like a placement, as long as you know how to read between the lines in contracts you should be good if they make you sign one.

contact them back get them on the phone
get a more deep understanding of what they have to offer
if you still have questions regarding the deal they're offering
send the contracts to your entertainment lawyer.

if you need some help with this you can pm me and I walk you through some of the process and give you my opinion on the avenues you should take depending on what they are offering.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I would do just as they say. If you're interested contact them back. They didnt really provide enough details to tell you if it's a good deal or not, but if you give them a call Im sure you will find all that information out

If they wrote it exactly like that, I would take some of the spelling into consideration but at the end of the day, they have a budget and are offering to pay you - as the saying goes, "Cash is King."

Like fataltone said, reply and try to get them on the phone asap to work out the details and go from there. Try to get them to send you some type of documented agreement spelling out everything you agree on after the call. Good luck!

Back