I need real help with music contracts

chrisbanks

I'm hoping one of you can take some time to help elaborate (personally) on how to verify if my rights contracts are actually even valid. This is the most frustrating thing about approaching the industry for me so far. Every person I ask about says the same thing to me, "Just Google for it. There's information online, it's really not hard to find. You're just not looking hard enough.". Well I'm about over it now. Please, please... please help me. Who do you ask to verify your contracts? I think this is the biggest issue with beginners. There's not an easy enough outlets to access the sources we need to take that professional step into the industry. It's always the same story, "I know a bunch of people who handle contracts. It's easy. Just look on Google, You can't expect me to do everything for you.".

Please only serious answers. Don't answer with things like "U jus aint hungry enough" or "stop beggin an search".

Is an entertainment lawyer out of the question? Because, if I were crafting a contract, it would make sense to have an attorney sort it out for me now so I don't have to spend more $$$ later on...........unless we, and by "we" I mean "you", are looking to do things the dumb way-I mean cheap way, then I don't know what to tell you other than....GOOGLE.

I'm hoping one of you can take some time to help elaborate (personally) on how to verify if my rights contracts are actually even valid. This is the most frustrating thing about approaching the industry for me so far. Every person I ask about says the same thing to me, "Just Google for it. There's information online, it's really not hard to find. You're just not looking hard enough.". Well I'm about over it now. Please, please... please help me. Who do you ask to verify your contracts? I think this is the biggest issue with beginners. There's not an easy enough outlets to access the sources we need to take that professional step into the industry. It's always the same story, "I know a bunch of people who handle contracts. It's easy. Just look on Google, You can't expect me to do everything for you.".

Please only serious answers. Don't answer with things like "U jus aint hungry enough" or "stop beggin an search".

An entertainment lawyer, attorney or someone with experience who been working with contracts for a while. Sadly, the latter, although cheaper than the first option is still pretty expensive.

What you have to understand is for someone to look over your contract takes quite a bit of time (hours). Because they don't know what you want, your business plan etc. So they have to sit with you and go over things and then explain things to you that you don't understand.

I doubt you'll find anyone here that does it for free or less than $300

- Greg Savage

Back