I heard of people using free vst plugins is this right?

tazmusik

Some people I ran into said they use a few plugins for there beats that they are currently trying to copyright. They didn't purchase this plugin but went on a site to find it for free. Is this safe for them to do this? and would they get in trouble for that? or is this common now a days?

if it is a truly free vst/plugin then there is no problem

However, if they have downloaded a warez/cracked/illegal copy of a commercially available vst/plugin, not only could they lose any money they make from the song(s), they could lose everything else as well - piracy is viewed very dimly these days....

It's something like: We made Linux for fun but now it's popular so we decided to make money on this OS - Impossible. I downloaded a free plugin so i signed a contract with company that they give me this plugin for free.

About Warez/Torrents downloaded plugs: Most producers that have ton's of sounds,vst's-don't produce music because they don't have time :D :D ahahaa.
They are spending whole days to check out factory sound banks from "BEST VST EVER!!!" or waiting the download bar to come from left to the right :D .

I use only 2 vst's. 12 Gb sample pack for 30$. Reason,Ableton,Studio One Artist.
Long time ago i used Fl Studio-but producing on it is very time consuming.

Back