I have $10,000 to devote to marketing. What should it go toward?

vignmusic

I've been making music for about 2 years now but haven't really dipped my toes into marketing yet. I've done some research but nothing too extensive. I have about $10,000 that I'd be willing to devote solely to marketing (and before anyone tells me what else I should spend it on, I have more saved for other areas of my music). What are the best ways you guys can think of for me to spend it? Thanks!

Also I've considered using bits of it to:
- boost posts on social media
- hire someone already good at marketing
- buy equipment to play live shows
- bribe music bloggers? idk hahah

No idea how effective any of those could be though.

(P.S. This was clickbait. Sorry not sorry.)

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely open up an IRA and put in your max annual contribution... seriously though, it's good to invest in your music but that's a lot of money to invest on a personal level without any label backing you

I've been making music for about 2 years now but haven't really dipped my toes into marketing yet. I've done some research but nothing too extensive. I have about $10,000 that I'd be willing to devote solely to marketing (and before anyone tells me what else I should spend it on, I have more saved for other areas of my music). What are the best ways you guys can think of for me to spend it? Thanks!

Also I've considered using bits of it to:
- boost posts on social media
- hire someone already good at marketing
- buy equipment to play live shows
- bribe music bloggers? idk hahah

No idea how effective any of those could be though.

(P.S. This was clickbait. Sorry not sorry.)

A beat from a top producer. Get in touch with someone from a known brand, big blog, and find your way to someone important who's a producer. Or purchase a deal to have your music video shown on a website like Worldstar for example.

to promote your own music? buy some 'looking lists' (lists of a&r peeps looking for material for signed artists). hire an online promo company (after researching them) to promote your soundcloud page (or website). if you're an artist, make a low-cost but expensive-looking video and promote that on youtube.

and spend slowly. build slowly. people who, for example, buy view counts for youtube show lots of views, but no one sees it...

Back