I found an Alternative to Dropbox?

TropicBeats

I have found a sweet alternative to Dropbox! It's cloud based storage just as Dropbox except with this app called "copy" they give you 15GB free compared to the 2GB Dropbox gives you. as far as i know, for a limited time you can click on this referral link https://copy.com?r=VbJndr to get an additional 5GB just for signing up, for a total of 20GB free storage! If you guys sign up, post your referral link in your response so im not hogging all the free storage! "copy" is owned by Barracuda Networks inc. so this is legit! available for IOS, android, windows, Linux and Mac!
i apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this thread.

Last edited:
Google Drive gives me 15GB for free.

Yes google drive is nice too. The thing that turns me on about copy is when someone signs up using your referral link, you will both receive 5GB extra for free. I signed up with a referral from a friend plus i referred someone so now i have 25GB of storage. You can refer as many people as you like but i think you can only have 60-80gb on a free account!

Another good choice would be a SharePoint site that works much better than Dropbox, no restrictions on filesize for uploads and downloads. A group of people can use the same account at the same time too. No referrals allowed but you can get a free copy of Hosted SharePoint from cloudappsportal.com and use it. Though free, it comes full functional and no features are disabled or locked. The set up takes a while though but the effort is worth the result.

Edit: i really need to start reading properly and not skimming.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's exactly relevant but Filedropper (under 5 posts, can't post link, just google it) can be great for 5GB files or less.

Nothing in the world is for free. You always pay with personal information for those services. :)

Last edited:
Hey tropicbeats
That was a useful information.I really liked it. I would surely try out as I need it badly.Thank you so much.

Back