How are you handling beat contract agreements?

mobeatz

So I'm looking for ideas how you guys handle the delivery of the beat, non-exclusive, and the contract, assuming that the contract is tight.

Do you have them sign?

Do you just include the license in your delivery package?

What is your order flow?

I use myflashstore so all my leases & exclusives get delivered right away, but what I do is send the terms to the license they bought via email after they get the beat. If you need to see a template for the rights just let me know & I can help you out.

^ Yo tyler I might have to take you up on that offer lol, so I can make a comparison and improve if necessary

I use myflashstore so all my leases & exclusives get delivered right away, but what I do is send the terms to the license they bought via email after they get the beat. If you need to see a template for the rights just let me know & I can help you out.

Yeah. I'm not too sure about the after the purchase bit. I prefer they agree to it before instead.

Not sure if it makes a difference legally.

I have MyFlash store as well. I wish they had a .zip delivery capability. I would be more comfortable with that. So they get the beat and the agreement at the same time.

Best would be.

step one: Do you agree to these terms? (force an answer before continuing)

step two: get the beat.

Same way it goes when you install sofware.

Always make sure they sign!!!!! Also you don't want to make that contract to long.. Client's dont like stuff like that. Make it like a one page Contract that explains there purchase as well as what they will be getting

Always make sure they sign!!!!! Also you don't want to make that contract to long.. Client's dont like stuff like that. Make it like a one page Contract that explains there purchase as well as what they will be getting

Ok so how do you ensure they sign. Since I see you are using MyFlash Store as well. Do you do that after the fact?

i just buy dem shits nahmean i dont do all dat contract shit i just buyt it

that shows your ignorant of how the music business runs..hope to see you mature in that area
but I'm getting I'm going to have to ignore you...on the basis of your name and the nature of your posts
slave name and slave vocabulary you might be here to just play around which is your right
and I might be acting crazy...blessings homie

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King of all Men

Last edited:
that shows your ignorant of how the music business runs..hope to see you mature in that area
but I'm getting I'm going to have to ignore you...on the basis of your name and the nature of your posts
slave name and slave vocabulary you might be here to just play around which is your right
and I might be acting crazy...blessings homie

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King of all Men

i aint in the "music business" im just in music, **** da bizness. make tracks buy beats, perform at shows.. **** i want this contract shit for? none of my tracks are ever gonna b on the radio or going on albums that sell

i aint in the "music business" im just in music, **** da bizness. make tracks buy beats, perform at shows.. **** i want this contract shit for? none of my tracks are ever gonna b on the radio or going on albums that sell

you never know how your music will recieved by the masses or even at a local fanbase level ppl lose out on tons of opportunities and cash from not being prepared...it's always good to learn the business side of the music.. just in case you become a mentor to another artists,producers or decide to become a manager

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

is it only me or what because everytime I try to listen to a person with a myflashstore player I only hear the guy doing the tag and never the instrumentals and this is on all the sites where ppl have myflashstore player

60cents, your a fool.. And yeah, on myflash they seem to be more focussed on the beat tags rather than their actual product, I have to admit, the stuff I've posted up for my website isn't the best, in terms of mix quality, and the beat tags are annoying as hell, but they are there to protect my product... Sooo...

60cents, your a fool.. And yeah, on myflash they seem to be more focussed on the beat tags rather than their actual product, I have to admit, the stuff I've posted up for my website isn't the best, in terms of mix quality, and the beat tags are annoying as hell, but they are there to protect my product... Sooo...

no I never hear the instrumental at all
what I'm saying is I only hear the tag
no beat at all on any site I go to when trying to listen to the instrumentals on myflashstore player
I wonder if I need to update some kind of software
I'm able to hear any soundclick player and flash video/animation so I don't know what's up
help lol

Back