How to Sell Beats to local producers and artists

Yung Acid

In Nigeria, people love music. Its part of the culture here. Its crazy! On every street you go down through, you can find at least one sort of small studio or or something of that nature, where local guys come and they get stuff done. I myself am a producer however I am having a hard time selling my music to other producers around the place. What do you think would be a good strategy to overcome the competition?

Well the problem is, these guys that have their studios, they're kinda greedy. They don't like it when people bring beats from outside to then voice in their studio. And i myself don't have a studio, all i got is my computer. I have however found a few guys of whom may be potential buyers. The thing is i'm not really a business oriented person. My thing is creativity with the beats you feel me? So if you got some advice on how to be like more business oriented, it'd be much appreciated.

Well the problem is, these guys that have their studios, they're kinda greedy. They don't like it when people bring beats from outside to then voice in their studio. And i myself don't have a studio, all i got is my computer. I have however found a few guys of whom may be potential buyers. The thing is i'm not really a business oriented person. My thing is creativity with the beats you feel me? So if you got some advice on how to be like more business oriented, it'd be much appreciated.

well if your offline(local) area is dried up..
try selling online and there's plenty of info on how to do this
and why don't you have a soundcloud,etc. in your sig???
you should be taking advantage of every offline and online avenue to sell beats
and if the environment in your city is where ppl buy beats where they record join jump on the bandwagon and get you a little studio up

Mehn i got soundcloud and i think im on soundclick, but i think you need a credit card for those. I still gotta sort things out with that, that's why i'm looking at selling offline first. But yeah i get your point. I actually started trying to sell beats online, but then legal stuff (like being in Nigeria an ish) was making it difficult for me...

Not trying to sound mean but is the music even good enough to sell? That could be a reason why the locals are not purchasing. If the music is good all you'd have to do go to events where artist performer and network with them directly.

cyko i get you. and na the music isn't that bad. like google yung acid or something. you should see a couple links. I also got a bunch of stuff on 4shared.com and cx.com. These are just instrumentals however, but you guys are free to download em and use em as you wish. I've got some even crazier beats in my arsenal, but i haven't put these online yet. Im using em for my mixtape so im working on voicing them you feel.

Back