How To Release A Remixed Song Or Cover On Soundcloud

DrizzyFromthe6

How can I remixed song up on Soundcloud? Whenever I try I try to upload a remix I recorded of a song I recorded Soundcloud sends me an email saying that my version might contain or be a copy of the original. I've seen a lot of small artists like me doing the exact same thing to other big rappers/singer's beats. I've seen some upload the original song like with the singer's vocals and the beat. How can I fix this? Is there something I should do? I'm not trying to make any money at all of this, I just want to get some exposure and get a little attention before I release my first single

If I were you I'd skip covers and/or originals altogether and release solely original material. If SC is emailing you it is not worth the legal hassle.

I know, I won't be doing covers anymore, only original songs but the thing is I put a lot of work into this remix. Like I said before I'm not planning on making any profit of the remix, I just want to gain some more attention. And I've seen a lot of small artists using other musician's beats uploading them on soundcloud. Why are they doing this to me? Should I change the file format to something else? The current format of the file is MP3.

I know, I won't be doing covers anymore, only original songs but the thing is I put a lot of work into this remix. Like I said before I'm not planning on making any profit of the remix, I just want to gain some more attention. And I've seen a lot of small artists using other musician's beats uploading them on soundcloud. Why are they doing this to me? Should I change the file format to something else? The current format of the file is MP3.

It doesn't matter ~ all that matters is permission.

BTW ~ in the event that you gained something substantial from the use of their work (eg: popularity, a record deal, etc) the original owner of the copyrighted work can legally come and take it all from you..

Also something to be aware of: Some unethical, shady lawyers make a living by pursuing copyright infringement settlements from unsuspecting uploaders of copyrighted material. Don't be a victim.

Last edited:
Back