Thread: How To Release A Remixed Song Or Cover On Soundcloud

Thanks

How To Release A Remixed Song Or Cover On Soundcloud

Sign in to disable this ad
    How can I remixed song up on Soundcloud? Whenever I try I try to upload a remix I recorded of a song I recorded Soundcloud sends me an email saying that my version might contain or be a copy of the original. I've seen a lot of small artists like me doing the exact same thing to other big rappers/singer's beats. I've seen some upload the original song like with the singer's vocals and the beat. How can I fix this? Is there something I should do? I'm not trying to make any money at all of this, I just want to get some exposure and get a little attention before I release my first single

Thanks
    If I were you I'd skip covers and/or originals altogether and release solely original material. If SC is emailing you it is not worth the legal hassle.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth"

Thanks
    I know, I won't be doing covers anymore, only original songs but the thing is I put a lot of work into this remix. Like I said before I'm not planning on making any profit of the remix, I just want to gain some more attention. And I've seen a lot of small artists using other musician's beats uploading them on soundcloud. Why are they doing this to me? Should I change the file format to something else? The current format of the file is MP3.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrizzyFromthe6 View Post
    I know, I won't be doing covers anymore, only original songs but the thing is I put a lot of work into this remix. Like I said before I'm not planning on making any profit of the remix, I just want to gain some more attention. And I've seen a lot of small artists using other musician's beats uploading them on soundcloud. Why are they doing this to me? Should I change the file format to something else? The current format of the file is MP3.
    It doesn't matter ~ all that matters is permission.

BTW ~ in the event that you gained something substantial from the use of their work (eg: popularity, a record deal, etc) the original owner of the copyrighted work can legally come and take it all from you..

Also something to be aware of: Some unethical, shady lawyers make a living by pursuing copyright infringement settlements from unsuspecting uploaders of copyrighted material. Don't be a victim.
    Last edited by SFTRAXX; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:11 PM.

Thanks
    Not sure what to tell ya.
    In all my years of using soundcloud, I've never received a copyright strike once.

Thanks
    Upload a screen shot of the email they sent you, I'm guessing it has something to do with the way you are titling your track?

Thread Information