How To Release A Remixed Song Or Cover On Soundcloud

DrizzyFromthe6

How can I remixed song up on Soundcloud? Whenever I try I try to upload a remix I recorded of a song I recorded Soundcloud sends me an email saying that my version might contain or be a copy of the original. I've seen a lot of small artists like me doing the exact same thing to other big rappers/singer's beats. I've seen some upload the original song like with the singer's vocals and the beat. How can I fix this? Is there something I should do? I'm not trying to make any money at all of this, I just want to get some exposure and get a little attention before I release my first single

What do you mean collabs or rips? You asking if I collaborated with the original artist on the song? What do you mean by "rip"? as in rip-off?

What do you mean collabs or rips? You asking if I collaborated with the original artist on the song? What do you mean by "rip"? as in rip-off?

A rip is when someone rips an mp3 e.g. like when rappers steal beats with tags to record their vocals on.

make it wav. and you are ready to post collabs, i mean i remixing biggie smalls and making my own beat on that and thats like lit shit man

Google ".mp3 to .wav free convertor"... There are a lot of sites that do that for free.

But that's not the problem. It's finding copyrighted material in your content. That's not going to change if it's .wav, .mp3, .mp4, ....or .pdf. Are you using anything from the original song or is it entirely you own version of a cover?

Cover songs are okay, but you have to give up some of money earned to original artist.

Considering you're probably not making any money on Soundcloud, there's no problem.
I would email Soundcloud and just ask them what's up. I've talked to them before and they get back in a professional manner usually within a week.

Last edited:
The beat is the same, But the lyrics are 100% mine. I wrote my own lyrics to the beat, and mixed and mastered it in my studio if that makes any difference.

well there you go. It's finding the beat and flagging it as a copyright.

...If you want to make a cover song, you have to play the music and sing the song on your own.

Last edited:
Yeah but how do other small artists like me were able to post their own remix to another bigger artist's beat Like Uzi Vert or MadeinTYO without any issue up on soundcloud. Like I said before, I'm not planning on making any money off this track, I just want to show my talent before I release my first single

well, first of all that's not showing any talent. That's taking a beat from somebody else. ...of course a big name is going to have their work protected under copyright. You may want to just grab a lesser known artsit to do whatever you do on it. That way it wont get caught in a copyright issue.

And a remix is different. If you alter and "remix" the beat in some way, significantly, it will show a little bit of artistic work so it can dodge the copyright scan.

Last edited:
You said they remixed it. A remix has cuts and edits, and a rearrangement that alters the original version.

You said your song isn't remixed. Your song has the same beat as the original...that's why it's getting caught up.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about remixing the beat, I'm talking about remixing the song. Like taking the actual instrumental and recording my own vocals on it, that's it. No changes were made to the original instrumental

That's the problem. ...The original instrumental has a copyright on it, and you're using the entire thing! Nobody else can use it except the original artist, ...and people the original artist gives permission too.

I'm answering the question every post, but you keep dodging the answers. I'm telling you why your song is being taken down. There's no other reason. That's it. Your using the entire instrumental from somebody and you don't have permission from them.

Last edited:
And look, ...they may not catch everybody so you can see some songs doing that still up online. (They probably will get caught eventually though and removed)

Look man... many people drive drunk, but not everybody gets caught. One day, i got caught so now I'm in a lot of trouble and had to pay a ton of money. Just because other people do it and don't get caught doesn't mean you'll never get caught either.

...And now, you need to be especially careful because your account has a mark on it.

Last edited:
Back