For how much you sell your exclusives?

Adr

I want to know how much do your beats/instrumentals cost and how much are your leasings.. This thread is to share prices in order to keep us with useful info about each other ;)

I don't ever sell exclusive

Leasing $1k min plus whatever backend royalties I'm entitled to (can't gauge that until i see cue sheets)

I do mostly film and jingle work

I belive in the rule that says "Never say loud what your prices are"

Thank you

Youtube people email me and say i charge to much and my exclusives should be 40$

lol

Now that my friend, is a RIP OFF! A lot of people who try to get you to undercharge even more arn't very serious about their craft. There's a rare chance that at least ONE of them are serious, and sometimes you sadly turn down that guy because of past experiences with people like that. Anyways, tell them to buy the lease. They ain't ready yet.

I want to know how much do your beats/instrumentals cost and how much are your leasings.. This thread is to share prices in order to keep us with useful info about each other ;)

Here's a thought; instead of wondering about how much beat makers decide to sell their beats for, learn why people buy their beats. Too many people think that price drives beat sells, when the driver is value. In other words, take obvious action that shows your customer that you've actual invested money, thought, professionalism, etc. into your beats. Give people a reason to buy beats from you and they'll pay whatever cost to get what they want. Make them want your beats by creating bangers and promoting your store, rather it's online or off.

Last edited:
Dah trump do you sell alot of exclusives ? . just wondering cause thats some good money. hope im not being too nosey haha

I keep that private. I can tell you someone wants to buy one of my exclusives for $50 under my asking price.

I was taught, Sell over the price you want to sell it for. Defend that high price as much as possible, but if someone does negotiate it down, it's still higher or about the same price you want it for. A lil tip ;)

Last edited:
$250-$500 average. Occasionally $1000. And sometimes I give joints out for free. Other times $150. Depends on circumstances, artists, etc.

I can personally attest to ****ing up some serious placements and opportunities by not giving the joint out for free. The trick is knowing when!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Keep in mind you have guys like Ski Beatz doing the 3 beats a month @ $500 each to his followers. Granted its not his primary source of income, but why would someone buy an unknown's beat when they get Ski for $500!?

Competition is across the boards. If some of the more well known producers see potential in your movement and brand, they will pitch beats @ rates that makes it hard for the new jacks to compete with.

IMO take what you can get when you can get it.

For me I may give away a free lease or cheapen the lease here and there, but exclusives is a whole other ball game. If you're lucky I'll charge $200. One huge reason I charge $500 is because in my contract, currently, I don't accept royalties. So I shot up the price to make up for it.

If a person buys an exclusive and knows what they're doing, they'll make 2-3 times the money they paid for it. So, why should I play the fool? Free lease? maybe, free exclusive? Forget that. You better be somebody super famous for me even to consider that.

forgive my rant.

Last edited:
Back