How much for a full produced EP??

TEOS

How much would you charge for a Full produced EP
with exclusive beats?

Last edited:
Depends on the number of beats and your price of exclusives.

Lets take me for example:

Lets say the EP has 12 tracks and I do exclusives for 200$
So the total would be 2400$

But If I am producing the whole thing,I would charge 1800 instead just to give the person 3 free beats out of 12. But I still need to make my own profit if you know what I mean. you gotta think about yourself to!

I'm producing a 13 track album for less than $1000 right now. I'm actually kind of regretting it now because I may end up spending half of that bringing in instrument players. I'm trying my best to do it all solo and with only vsti's but I know for sure I will need to bring in a guitar player and book studio time for the acoustic guitar tracks. My advice, don't charge to low or else it will bite you in the arse. Either way, this is helping me discipline myself to not expect a huge budget from clients and it's def sharpening my production.

It could have a lot to do with it, if you are actually producing the record (in the traditional sense), as opposed to supplying "'beats'-by-the-pound".

A producer would oversee the entire production of the record, including all production aspects (musical, sonic, and many business)-- vocals, mastering, all releases and paperwork, hiring and supervising any additional talent, and generally managing the entire budget for the record, as well as over-seeing the concept and content; in some cases even getting involved in the pressing.

What often passes for a producer these days is an instrumental track creator that has nothing to do with subsequent steps of the process.

GJ

Honestly it depends on how much i like their talent and feeling sure that i know they have what it takes to go far. So if i charge low that means i have a lot of faith in your talent. If i charge High then i have little to no Faith at all and just doing it for the money.

I agree with some of the points mentioned above, but it also depends on how good your beats are. If you've Kanye like producing skills, you can charge a lot more than if you're beats are just ok compared to what's already out there. Just because it took you long to produce that doesn't mean you can charge higher prices. Base your pricing of the quality of what you're delivering, as that's what matters to buyers.

Back