How much is a beat worth

rafztar

I have an instrumental (im not promoting it i just want you to check it out and tell me how much you think its worth)

https://t.co/3YA4jhPUkg

and i been asked how much for an exclusive rights to use it.

I knwo that means i cant then sell it to anyone else, thats the only sale of that beat.

But ive never sold one so dont know the value.

What would you say is a reasonable price for it please.

Value.... There's a lot of factors that determine value.

You
your brand
your quality
your track recorded
etc

Right now, it's worth whatever the client is willing to spend.

What are reasonable prices, this depends on the market you're targeting

$50, $500, $100, $300 $10... all reasonable prices depending on the market you're targeting.

So the question is, who are you targeting with this track? And don't say "artists", that's too broad, what type of artist?

Last edited:
@Cyko hit it on the head.

I also want to add that you should also make it clear what terms you are granting with the purchase of the exclusive license. Something to factor into your pricing scheme as well.

Good Luck

cool i see i am no closer to the asnwer to this then

Give us some feedback

Who are you targeting?
Are you giving an exclusive of non exclusive
prices in the current market
What you have to offer that others aren't
etc

this is how you determine price my friend.

You don't just slap a generic price on something without reason otherwise you could lowball yourself or scare potential customers off.

Last edited:
this is negotiation 101:

you must set a reserve price below which you will not go
you need to understand what rights the purchaser expects to get as a result of buying the exclusive lease
- the type of rights expected dictates the value you should apply

ps do not give away rights completely but agree to % where these reflect true contributions to the finished product

Last edited:
I've learned that it's not the quality of music that determines the price per se rather the brand that you are selling it on.

Who are you targeting? Unsigned or lesser well known rap / Hip Hop artists
Are you giving an exclusive of non exclusive - both
prices in the current market - ive seen prices from $10 upwards to $100, depends on the beat, as some sites sell beats and have different price per beat, newer/better beats costing more.
What you have to offer that others aren't - my own style which is influenced by both western and eastern styles of music.
etc

Back