How much 4 an Exclusive Beat?

Rikeluxxbeats

Hi Guys,
There is a lot of opportunities out there for rap artists to buy Beats & Instrumentals Online.
Many producers are offering Lease and Exclusive rights.
My question is: how much are you ready to pay for an Exclusive Beat?
and how much for a Basic Lease?
I'm talking about a really good beat, a banger, a hit, Drake Type Beat for example.
RLB

Hi Guys,
There is a lot of opportunities out there for rap artists to buy Beats & Instrumentals Online.
Many producers are offering Lease and Exclusive rights.
My question is: how much are you ready to pay for an Exclusive Beat?
and how much for a Basic Lease?
I'm talking about a really good beat, a banger, a hit, Drake Type Beat for example.
RLB

Unless you have a record deal and an real album actually being released and are ready to record immediately, a person would be an idiot so spend anything significant on a "beat"...

Any song you make today in the hip hop and mainstream pop world will be essentially obsolete within a couple of months... 6 months tops.

Styles change quickly in this game and if you don't get your music out quickly, you're toast.

If you have a "beat" that sounds like what is happening right now, then it is already too late and you missed the boat.

So, for "a really good beat, a banger, a hit, Drake Type Beat"? The value is hardly anything because it is already "old"...

But for a new innovative groundbreaking track that is pushing the envelope and sounds like the future of music? Well, for somebody looking for a backing track, that has more value... I still wouldn't pay much of anything out of my own pocket since 99.9% of albums lose money... but if there were a record deal in place and the artist were looking for tracks, there is potentially some value there. The amount fluctuates wildly depending on the time, the artist, the label, etc... ant they will tell you what it is worth to them and you can try to negotiate that or say yes/no.

AND!

It is called a "nonexclusive license", not a "lease".

If you want to be taken seriously in this biz, learn the terminology.

The forum name is Future Producer.com
Future. Producers.
Not very encouraging your post up there... For the featured artists...
According to the previous post, everybody should stop right now since there is no way you should pay for a beat, no way you should follow what's going on nowadays, and since every track is obsolete as soon as you finish to record your song in a studio...Stop investing on anything close to music...

Things have changed. Nowadays, competition is at a high level. If you are looking for a record deal,
you can not present a simple Demo to the A&R out here.
The better quality of sound you have, the better chance you have to make the difference...

Music Producers who are selling Beats & Instrumentals Online, the serious ones,
offers you the best quality sound to be recognise as an artist.

Styles don't change that quickly...
It adapts, transforms, evolves, mixes with other tendencies.

As long as you have a banger, a hit such as N°1 Billboard
I'm on One, Swimming Pool, Moment 4 life Hits, you make your beat profitable.
Make a Banger, a Hit doesn't mean make a 6 months radio playlist hit...
Because I'm buying a "Non Exclusive License" for a Beat online, I'm willing to pay a certain amount
because I know my artistic vision of this track could be innovating...

T-Minus is working with Drake since 2006... From Nicky Minaj to Kendrick Lamar & Lil Wayne, his sound as evolved...
You can't say that in 6 months music changes

Here is a quote from T-Minus... "I’m just taking things to a new place as far as music goes.
I don’t want to go to the same route that I was going to before so far as how everything sounds, how everything sits in your ears...
I’m going back to the roots of R&B, mid-’90s, from hearing a Timbaland record, an Aaliyah, something from Blackground Music,
for example. When the music had so much emotion."

Invest in your music to last in the music industry is not a bad thing... It doesn't mean a waste of money.
For example Macklemore & Ryan Lewis is not 99.9% albums lose money, but 99.99% of real passion about music.
They have been rejected from many major companies, they never stop believing in their talent.
So imagine, what the future Macklemore will do.

We are talking about How much to invest on a track which is a potential hit , an exclusive license for a beat.
I would be ready to spend my money on my me as long as I believe in my music.
If you don't start anything, nothing will happen. Of course...

You want "encouraging" in a totally nonproductive way? Ok, you should be able to get $20,000 for a beat you are selling!... Or, you should spend whatever it takes to get a backing track and make your demo!

but for anybody who wants "encouraging" in a way that will help your career... Go back and read my previous post... Also, instead of trying to sell "beats" for $5,$10, $20, $100, $250... Find a partner who picks up where your skills leave off... If you make beats, find a vocalist/lyricist... If you are a rapper, team up with a producer.

Invest in your music to last in the music industry is not a bad thing... It doesn't mean a waste of money.
For example Macklemore & Ryan Lewis is not 99.9% albums lose money, but 99.99% of real passion about music.
They have been rejected from many major companies, they never stop believing in their talent.
So imagine, what the future Macklemore will do.

We are talking about How much to invest on a track which is a potential hit , an exclusive license for a beat.
I would be ready to spend my money on my me as long as I believe in my music.
If you don't start anything, nothing will happen. Of course...

Ok, you wanna be like Macklemore & Lewis? Do what they did. If you are a rapper, find your own "Ryan Lewis"... If you are a producer, find your own "Macklemore".

And paying a lot of money for a "beat" you think is a "potential hit" is not spending money because you are "believing in your music"... It is spending money because you heard somebody else's music that you think is a potential hit and you want to latch on to that.

Last edited:
Ok, you wanna be like Macklemore & Lewis? Do what they did. If you are a rapper, find your own "Ryan Lewis"... If you are a producer, find your own "Macklemore".
100% agree with you...
I think that the final aim is the same after all,
Find a good artist to produce, if you are a music producer.
Find a genius, as a music producer with a vision for you, as an artist to last in the music industry.
In 2014, Music Producers can submit their music on their own plateform to share and find an artist...
Why can't they sell their beats online for different amount, in order tha,t all Artists, can spend whatever they want
to start their demo...

Back