How To Move with your Studio.

Boulger

I'm moving from Ventura, California to Westminster, Colorado in September.
(Ventura is on the coast about an hour north of LA, Westminster is right between Boulder and Denver)
View attachment 44296
This is my setup, and I'm a bit overwhelmed with organizing how to properly send it all.
I'm mostly worried about my Monitors (the KRK's) and my Microphone.

And then of course, there is the issue of weight. I really don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to, but I also want to ensure that it is handled with care.

I'll be posting another thread introducing myself and hopefully getting acquainted with the members of Future Producers in the area of Denver and Boulder, but for now I hope you can all grace me with your expertise and past experiences and help me

Much Love - Nick

It's quite simple. Package it up good and move it.

Either move it yourself (rent a truck) or ship it and get insurance this way if anything is messed up, you're covered.

I've heard "insurance" never works out the way it is supposed to.
and the last time I just packed up my speakers and left, they got seriously damaged.

I've heard "insurance" never works out the way it is supposed to.
and the last time I just packed up my speakers and left, they got seriously damaged.

Well, get good insurance and pack your stuff up correctly or... move it yourself. I've never had an issue with insurance. I don't mean Uhaul insurance. I mean real insurance.

Yes, it would help to know some details (are you moving things yourself? Using a moving company? Shipping? Driving? Flying? etc., etc.). Basically, as has been said, "pack it right." Use hard-shell cases, foam, and bubble-wrap where appropriate. If moving yourself, use packing blankets, always face speakers (preferably padded/packed in boxes) towards each other to protect the cones, seat-belt gear in where necessary and appropriate... Y'know, treat your gear respectfully and carefully, and drive safely. You'll be ok. Look into Anvil or Calzone cases where deemed appropriate.

GJ

Back