How many beat sales do most of you get in a good month?

MusicMan101

How many beat sales do most of you producers get in a good month when business is good? No one ever shed light on this topic I thought it would be good to. If so, which sites do you do most as an outlet? Such as Soundclick for example?

To be honest I find it hard to believe anyone is really making money selling beats to artists online. JohnnyJuliano has millions of plays and is at the top of soundclick and only gets a couple sales a day. He said this in a video

hip hop/rap is just too saturated with fakers and liars..you have to basically go through 1,000's of fakes just to get to one serious artist who cares about what he is doing

I'd say focus on placements/licensing to games/tv/film or start making other genres if you want to survive as an artist

Also depends on the type of beats you make I think, cause more serious "lyricists" rap on slow simple beats. Fast mainstream beats are usually for the "entertainers"

Sucks really

what the guy above me said is spot on and unless you know someone in the industry its hard to sell beats

It seems as if SuperStarO and Epik and Vybe are doing quite well for themselves. JJ came up with them idk why he's only making a FEW sales a day.

Well you also gotta think about the other products they sale too. So I guess it levels out. I still think there is def money in selling beats.

it seems as if superstaro and epik and vybe are doing quite well for themselves. Jj came up with them idk why he's only making a few sales a day.

Well you also gotta think about the other products they sale too. So i guess it levels out. I still think there is def money in selling beats.

you are definitely right!

Back