How to make $ from your 100 fans

JamesDoe

HOW TO MAKE $ FROM YOUR 100 FANS

What's up, Indie Artists and Indie Music Executives?

As we get ready for the coming holidays, I hope everyone is equipped with joyous spirit and positive outlook. Over the course of the last year, providing consultations to independent musicians, more than a few artists have asked if I'd give a more thorough explanation of why I think some of the things I do. So with the return of the "Starving Artist Suggestions" blog, I decided to take a moment from the irreverent and anecdotal to offer a more comprehensive breakdown of some of the theories and strategies that govern the new marketing landscape. If you know me, then you know that when I'm speaking about something that drives my passion, I find it hard to STOP talking X)

I'll try to be as succinct as possible. If there are any questions, critiques or suggestions you may have, you can always feel free to give me a shout in my inbox james@majoritystakegroup.com or catch me in the FB messenger. This will get a bit wonky; I'll be talking about some techniques and strategies that apply to selling music—or selling anything, for that matter—but in a few posts, I'll get right back to the more tongue-in-cheek stuff. This will be a four-blog piece that talks about how today's digital marketing strategies can be leveraged to increase the sales that us indie musicians so desperately seek; 'cause after all—"it's all about the money". The first of the four is entitled, "How To Get $ From 100 Fans".

Learn the ropes! Read the rest of the blog: www.starvingartistsuggestions.blogspot.com

distro-model.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this was very informative. A lot of things I knew about, but tying them together like that really opened up a lot and gave me a different perspective on selling. Thank you.

Back