How To Get Your Music Placed In TV and Film

Yes I've been in touch with few publishers an supervisors. Tough luck
No responses an someni have submitted to just awaiting feedback.

Have you had any luck? An what do u think of websites like music xray an taxi

You have to submit to a lot to really see the responses you want. I have had some success in this. This year I've signed multiple non-exclusive licensing deals with different companies/publishers along with a few exclusive deals. I've also landed some TV placements as a result of a couple of those deals..with more in the works. Here's an example of some of my recent placements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdqTiE--5M

Music Xray and Taxi are legit. I've paid for both in the past. However, if you're going to spend the money I would choose Music Xray over Taxi as it allows your music to be submitted to the company asking...whereas with Taxi, you have to make it past THEIR screeners before your music can even make it to the company asking. Some people I work with as well as myself have signed deals from Music Xray.

Yes I've been in touch with few publishers an supervisors. Tough luck
No responses an someni have submitted to just awaiting feedback.

Have you had any luck? An what do u think of websites like music xray an taxi

Last edited:
You have to submit to a lot to really see the responses you want. I have had some success in this. This year I've signed multiple non-exclusive licensing deals with different companies/publishers along with a few exclusive deals. I've also landed some TV placements as a result of a couple of those deals..with more in the works. Here's an example of some of my recent placements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdqTiE--5M

Music Xray and Taxi are legit. I've paid for both in the past. However, if you're going to spend the money I would choose Music Xray over Taxi as it allows your music to be submitted to the company asking...whereas with Taxi, you have to make it past THEIR screeners before your music can even make it to the company asking. Some people I work with as well as myself have signed deals from Music Xray.

I wouldn't say Music Xray or Taxi are legit... They're basically taking $$ for being a middle man between you and publishers, when you can just do a little research and contact the publishers yourself.

I wouldn't say Music Xray or Taxi are legit... They're basically taking $$ for being a middle man between you and publishers, when you can just do a little research and contact the publishers yourself.

The legitimacy of Music Xray and Taxi are subjective. The issue of paying to submit music to a middleman is something that is always debated in groups that talk about music licensing. I would say that people should read as much info as possible and make an informed choice on what feels right.

I used Taxi in the past, but I was able to secure more work from contacting music libraries myself.

Ive heard bad things about xray, I got placed in a featured film on the big screen called FIVE STAR by an artist who bought a beat, made a track and it was the theme song..so dunno just songs really & luck

The legitimacy of Music Xray and Taxi are subjective. The issue of paying to submit music to a middleman is something that is always debated in groups that talk about music licensing. I would say that people should read as much info as possible and make an informed choice on what feels right.

I used Taxi in the past, but I was able to secure more work from contacting music libraries myself.

I agree with this!

Ive heard bad things about xray, I got placed in a featured film on the big screen called FIVE STAR by an artist who bought a beat, made a track and it was the theme song..so dunno just songs really & luck
yep, most of it is just luck, so keep selling beats to artists. that's the best way!

Back