How to get your music on internet radio? Royalties?

Big_O86

How can I get my music on internet radio (Sirius XM Radio, Pandora etc)?

Can you collect royalties from these sources?

If you have any knowledge of this information, please share.

How can I get my music on internet radio (Sirius XM Radio, Pandora etc)?

Can you collect royalties from these sources?

If you have any knowledge of this information, please share.

Yes, you can collect royalties, but it doesn't pay well (right now). 1,000 spins $.30 cents. How to get your music on the stations? Contact the stations, submit your music.

Damn! Thats not very good.. Thanks for the heads up. Is that the same for getting your music published thru other sources like TV, commercials, etc?

Damn! Thats not very good.. Thanks for the heads up. Is that the same for getting your music published thru other sources like TV, commercials, etc?

No, not the same at all. Tv and film pay a lot more and I mean A LOT more

those numbers depend on the specific internet radio station - they look like pandora's numbers rather than spotify's or other smaller stations

we had a long running review of royalties paid by various sources about a year ago and it turns out that pandora has somehow secured a very sweet deal for royalty payments in comparison to the other companies in this field. they are pressuring the us congress to change the rates to be even smaller. they even went as far as buying a terrestrial radio station and claiming it as part of their network of stations so as to reduce the payments even further (or was that spotify -I'll have to check)

Back