How To Get Royalties?

the.boy

Hi,

I'm relatively new to selling my beats. And I'm wanting to know how I can receive royalties? An artist I have been speaking too is interested in purchasing a beat, he isn't major. But has said that he will give me 25% royalties and that his 'distribution company' handles royalties and that he has an app that keeps track of his streams and money. Doesnt exatcly sound very 'official' to me. So how exactly do I get set up to recieve royalties from my beat sales? I'm based in the UK if that makes a difference and most of my artists I work with are in US

thanks

Last edited:
Ok thanks I will register with them. I'm looking on their site and a little confused about the PRS Performance royalties and MCPS Mechanical royalties. Do I need to register with MCPS aswell? Once I register with them do they deal with both?

I have joined PRS as a writer... And don't quite understand the next steps to receiving royalities for my beats. I have recently landed a placement and would like to get set up to receive royalties for when it releases. How do I go about doing this?

There should be something akin to "clearance forms" that you can fill-out on-line. They will ask for the song-title, credits, and your relevant publishing company information. If you have not created your artist-owned publishing company yet, now would be the appropriate time, as they will need a business entity name and address to send any monies to.

GJ

Back