How to get my soundcloud out there?

Blogs? Get in touch with blogs.

Distribute a press release. There are plenty of free press release websites where you can upload it for journalists/bloggers to discover.

There are plenty more things you can do, but I presume you want go the free and easy route...

^^ search for blogs accepting submissions, hashtag research is a must! You can get 10-20 more likes per song just by knowing how to write a correct hashtag. Likes=more plays You can also submit music to be played on soundcloud playlist. I have a playlist I add music to from indie artists and producers and i play it 2-3 times a day and promote it. This boost your plays the right way and you get free promotion. Don't waste money on fake plays and likes, biggest scheme in the business and the labels were the first ones that started this type of backwards promo.

^^ search for blogs accepting submissions, hashtag research is a must! You can get 10-20 more likes per song just by knowing how to write a correct hashtag. Likes=more plays You can also submit music to be played on soundcloud playlist. I have a playlist I add music to from indie artists and producers and i play it 2-3 times a day and promote it. This boost your plays the right way and you get free promotion. Don't waste money on fake plays and likes, biggest scheme in the business and the labels were the first ones that started this type of backwards promo.

scoffs* blogs. make sure they are small blogs for starters because I truly believe the big boy blogs are set with their core people despite them saying they'll help your free submission. I mean for a blog to just want to help you for free these days just sounds to good to be true to me. or perhaps I'm just paranoid or upset that I got overlooked lol. and you're right about fake plays and likes. soundcloud monitors that sort of activity and more importantly it will burn you in the end. money not well spent, time wasted, and you end up still without an engaged audience.

Blogs? Get in touch with blogs.

Distribute a press release. There are plenty of free press release websites where you can upload it for journalists/bloggers to discover.

There are plenty more things you can do, but I presume you want go the free and easy route...

don't forget what you reminded me. soundcloud has a system designed to build you traffic called spotlight. but I'm pretty sure you are going to pay quite a few dollars so save up!

Last edited:
Yep. Soundcloud Spotlight is a part of the pro plans. It's not what I originally thought, it pushes your best music (the tracks you pick tp highlight) to the top of your account.

Yep. Soundcloud Spotlight is a part of the pro plans. It's not what I originally thought, it pushes your best music (the tracks you pick tp highlight) to the top of your account.

I'm going to contact those bastards right now. I don't want to miss this opportunity. it might coincide with my promo budget.

Back