How to get more followers ?

The return is often never worth the expense on paid marketing. Just wait it out patiently. Let your music market itself. DO NOT use paid advertisement (ever, really) on a bad song or you'll be in a bigger mess than you've ever imagined. And stay clear of social media. Social media is crap. The platforms change too quickly as the masses migrate from one to the next lol it's like having a myspace page that useless now. Social media is too volatile and unpredictable to market anything in. I don't think its smart for the long run.

Among the artist that I started producing with, there were those who focused on social media and those who focused on music. The ones social media died off long long ago. The ones in for the music are still around.

haha it's funny, I see some ditz post something retarded on Instagram and get thousands of "likes". I go to this fools Soundcloud page and it's dead. Now which page is worth to to an musician (obviously the Soundcloud page). I then see a quality sounding artist post something on Instagram and it gets 3 "likes". I think, ha! this guy must actually have good music because his Instagram is so bad. Yup! His soundcloud has over 5k and millions of plays.

So it goes to show ya, social media is fake as hell. Don't use it.

Not trying to be mean here but you don't know what you are talking about.

Paid advertising can be incredibly useful and you N E E D to be using social media today. Do you believe established artists don't use paid advertising or social media? It on par with the course to use paid advertising if you are releasing an album and social media is an absolute necessity for any artist.

"Let your music market itself". How exactly? If you don't put it out there then how are people supposed to find it? It might as well stay on your hard drive. It is your responsibility to put it in front of people. You can be the best producer who has ever existed but no one is going to listen if they are not aware you exist. Sorry if I sound irritable but it is frustating when people post to seek help and people who know nothing about the subject give completely wrong advice. If you know nothing about marketing then steer clear of consulting people.

Ya, I believe it. Big artists are able to promote themselves without spending a dime. And it's cost effective. Why would you pay money to promote your song when you can promote your song for free?

That's bad business. You're telling me you make more money on your music than you spend? I doubt it.
The goal is to spend as little as possible, but to make as much as possible. That's how you make money, right?

And of course put your music online (keep it on the hardrive lol wtf?). Put it online somewhere. What I mean when I say it markets itself, is make the song so good that you don't have to pay to market it. It markets itself. So now when somebody finds it (like somebody did this morning on my song, completely free on my part), they'll be glad they found it and message you or comment their appreciation for it. That's what I'm talking about, and I didn't spend any money.

What I say is exactly what i do in practice, and it works for me (better than you), and i'm not putting myself in debt. I barely even spend a penny. How much does this paid social advertising cost? Last time I checked it was pretty expensive. Your debt to income ratio is probably negative as shit. ...

but its cool, keep doing what your doing. You'll be out of business. And why the hell are championing for facebook? Your facebook page is so small. ...or do you consider soundcloud to be social media? lol I'm looking at it through the lens that soundcloud is not a social media platform. It's a music platform.

Last edited:
oooooo i thought you said "lame please" but you said "names please" my bad try this guy out he is actually is active on these boards also and has a great promo service

100% Organic SoundCloud Promotion Services — Omari MC

Yeah I know he is at FP and I ain't at a stage to need promo but for the purposes of informing members about who to get that is why I asked for your sources, cats scared to give up knowledge in this era as nothing is totally esoteric when it comes to this music biz, this is to be the era of transparency. I do research 'cause everybody and their Mama is a hustler...

Back