How to funnel money into your pocket selling beats.

ProducerJC

IndieHost
If your goal is to sell beats and using the internet is a part of the plan, sales funnels are going to be a key component of your strategy. All businesses need make a certain amount of money in order to stay in business. When you made the decision to start selling your beats, you also decided to start a music business.

Now that your selling your beats, the work has just begun. Those who believe that selling music is a easy as only setting up a website will have a rude awakening. Once you have a store front, or website, you're going to need customers; and, lots of them. For that, you must meet people. Whether you choose to do this online or off, you must find customers. Not just any customers though, you need specific customers. You need people who use music for their commercials, movies, events, etc. The people yous should be networking with are artists, producers, engineers, recording studio owners, executives, lawyers, bankers, and anyone who enjoys being a part of the entire process of making or selling music.

How do you find these people?

The best way to find people to network with is through the use of paid online directories, as well as free ones. You need to meet people using social networks and other websites. The sites you should be looking for are sites that gather large groups of people with common interests. In other words, your customers need to be interested in the content you sell. In this case we're talking about beats; however, you should also understand that you may need to provide more content on your website. You'll see more success when people have more ways to interact with your or your content.

Also, you need to meet people offline. Go to recording studios, special events, bars, clubs, and anywhere you kind of music is played. When you develop the courage to actually follow through with this step, you'll notice an increase in the number of people you know. Keep in mind that your looking for people who buy music, rather it be occasionally or more consistently. Either way, your goals is to know the right people and make the right kinds of friends.

The best way to find people to network with is through the use of paid online directories, as well as free ones.

great post sir...expand on these directors
you saying just google music professional directories, Midwest independent artists directories,etc...???

I know your time is valuable and worth money but if you do have the time to give an example is would add alot of value to your thread post sir.
thanks in advance

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Last edited:
There are tons of online directories who're centered around the creation of music. However, you'll still need to think creatively in the music business. All a music producer needs to do is a google search for music directories. Google will return tons of results, obviously. Some of these directories ar paid while others are free.

Fateltone, why haven't you called yet? I want you on my team. Let make it happen.

There are tons of online directories who're centered around the creation of music. However, you'll still need to think creatively in the music business. All a music producer needs to do is a google search for music directories. Google will return tons of results, obviously. Some of these directories ar paid while others are free.

Fateltone, why haven't you called yet? I want you on my team. Let make it happen.

yes sir!!!!

Man, just get a day job. All of that work isn't worth it. It's not about giving up on a dream; it's about coming to terms with reality. Making money from music is not even a logical career path.

Work hard in school, do internships, and be professional. You can always make music on the side. But pursuing a career with no formal training or certification is a pipe dream. Stop with the "hustle" mentality.

If you cannot make money from your music within a month, you lost. You could have worked at Burger King and made two checks within a month. A hard day's work has never hurt. Be a man and work for a living.

Last edited:
Man, just get a day job. All of that work isn't worth it. It's not about giving up on a dream; it's about coming to terms with reality. Making money from music is not even a logical career path.

Work hard in school, do internships, and be professional. You can always make music on the side. But pursuing a career with no formal training or certification is a pipe dream. Stop with the "hustle" mentality.

If you cannot make money from your music within a month, you lost. You could have worked at Burger King and made two checks within a month. A hard day's work has never hurt. Be a man and work for a living.

Making money and covering living expenses are two different aspects of the business. Both are completely dependent on your capabilities and resources. The biggest mistake most producers make is the assumption that it isn't possible to make money from selling beats, or music in general. According to your faith, so be it unto you. Those are words from Jesus which I find to be true in my life. I'm not recommending for producers to quit their day jobs. I simply stating that it's it's possible to make a living from selling beats. Not only that; but, I outline a few ways to accomplish that goal. Tons of producers are doing it already and more are finding ways to achieve the same goal.

There's a huge difference between being an employee and an employer. The way you think and act will determine where you stand. I help music makers to develop and stay in business. The methods I use are proven and will work if you work them. If you would prefer to get a check from Burger King, so be it. Whether you work there or not, it's still possible to make money from selling beats.

The amount you make is between you and your customer.

Stop with the "hustle" mentality.

You won't get far in any career without a mentality like that

I don't know anyone who really got production down in a month. It's true a hard days never hurt but it's a lot more rewarding when it's for yourself.

if you`re not willing to go past the "month" barier you might as well get a job flippin burgers! JC is right its possible though people do pass on a very important aspect of the whole process: CONTENT! rushing out to selll bad product is also bad for business...you need customers that will come back...and when they do...they know for sure that they find quality!
Producers...specially "Producers" think that this is all there is...make some beats and sell them... well if you think thats all there is then burger king is a better option..plus they have good food:)))

i see too many posts like "hey i started making beats 3 months ago...i think its time to sell...how can i make a free soundclick page!?" i mean...what can u even respond to this? and if you do by any chance respond they go all crazy and start cursing like youre trying to put their dream to sleep.

so yeah...@desire i think the "hustle" mentality does apply...on anything worthwhile...cause having a dream..non the less this big...and with this kind of competition requires a certain amount of discipline and hard work...white nights...and alot more learning and reading then what they give in school for homework:))

Wow I been making beat since I was 10 and now I'm 20 and still haven't seen a penny bug that wont stop me

where your site do you have any online presence not trying to hate I just would like to hear your music,see what artists you have tracked,mixed, or just produced for

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.

There's a huge difference between being an employee and an employer.

Very true and don't get that mixed up with not having to answer to anyone by being an employer you answer to more people and yes you do have a boss. most wont succeed if they want a business so they can be their own boss and not answer to anyone.

Very true and don't get that mixed up with not having to answer to anyone by being an employer you answer to more people and yes you do have a boss. most wont succeed if they want a business so they can be their own boss and not answer to anyone.

That's so true!

People get is misconstrued all the time. They seem to believe that bosses can do whatever they want; however, once they get into business and start making moves, they quickly find out that their responsibilities increase dramatically. As a business owner, you're forced to answer your customers, employees, contractors, sponsors, affiliates, etc. This doesn't mean you must do everything they request of you, like an employee would a boss. It does mean, however, that you must live up to the expectations set when developing new business relationships. Thanks for posting in this thread.

:cheers:

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I'm so frustrated I need to sell

Stop wasting time and start selling. It's simple, regardless of how complicated the mind wants to make it. Get on your computer and look for people who may like your beats. The best way to do this is by listening to music from as many recording artists as you can stand. Pay special attention to the beats they use when releasing music. Find the people who're responsible for music releases and get your beats to their friends using social media. It's better for a label reps to learn about your music through someone they know and trust, instead of sending it to them directly.

Good luck and God bless!
:cheers:

Hell I do promote and how do you create an email list. I got pole on twitter asking to send the beats. I do

contact me for further in depth help

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.

You gotta change your mindset if you want to make a living from music.
Fact is most people don't have the right mentality to make a living with music.

Back