How do you know if a client regsiters work under there PRO?

G

As the title states. You make a song and your with Ascap the a songwriter makes a master of it with vocals and their with BMI. They get your # and register it with there PRO.

How do you know? Is there an email or notification?

As the title states. You make a song and your with Ascap the a songwriter makes a master of it with vocals and their with BMI. They get your # and register it with there PRO.

How do you know? Is there an email or notification?

You won't know unless it's picked up. They should be professional enough to inform you. I've worked with clients and never known the work was placed for like a whole year or so once I got my royalty check.

I guess you could always take their name search everything they have registered (works but long process) and who knows if they have retitled it or not.

Trill,

Any Publisher of a PRO should register your titles. They get Publisher credit and you get songwriter/composer credit. ASCAP has something called ACE that you can search. Or simply search the Publisher on BMI. Just a heads up though. A BMI Publisher cannot Publish a songwriter/composer from ASCAP. They'd need to be an ASCAP Publisher. This also pertains to ASCAP to BMI. You can however Publish any of the foreign PRO's. So I would check into this a little deeper. Something's not right. Better still call BMI or ASCAP.

You'll find out when you don't get paid :) There will be a conflict if that happens and no one will be paid until it's sorted out.

Yea I just checked it out..Thats kind of dumb though. I'd think the PRO compant would notify if someone registers something under your name. Because you only get paid in quarters. Thats a long time.

The PRO's job is to make sure Publishers, Songwriter & Composers get paid public performance royalties only. Everything else is left to you and whomever you have agreements with.

Back