How do i start selling my beats? Without spending money? Help Appreciated

strange title

most people in business will tell you that you need to spend money to make money

regardless, the only way you can make long terms sales is to develop relationships with people, people who will buy your wares, people who will stock your wares for others to buy, etc

strange title

most people in business will tell you that you need to spend money to make money

regardless, the only way you can make long terms sales is to develop relationships with people, people who will buy your wares, people who will stock your wares for others to buy, etc

I know that you have to make relationships with rappers I just don't know what beat store to use or if i should use a beat store

That all depends on how well you operate your avenue and preference really.

I've used both Youtube and MyFlashStore. I've had success selling beats simply by uploading them on Youtube and having payments sent to me on PayPal. I don't think I ever sold a beat on MyFlashStore, so I stopped using it. I found it easier to sell beats on Youtube because I knew how to use it better and I felt like I could be more creative with my presentation. It all really depends on you and your preference.

I've used both Youtube and MyFlashStore. I've had success selling beats simply by uploading them on Youtube and having payments sent to me on PayPal. I don't think I ever sold a beat on MyFlashStore, so I stopped using it. I found it easier to sell beats on Youtube because I knew how to use it better and I felt like I could be more creative with my presentation. It all really depends on you and your preference.

After you got paid did you send the beat manually? Thanks

After you got paid did you send the beat manually? Thanks
I sent you a private message in detail in case you didn't read my reply here, but yes I did send the beat manually. I left an e-mail in my video description so customers could contact me before sending any money. After they send the money I'll send them the beat with trackouts, depending on whether or not they want them.

I wouldnt put all your focus on selling beats online. I've done selling online in the past, and I think I've sold about 2 beats for five dollars each on SoundClick.

That may be caused by a lack of skill or perseverance, but when I started selling beats "offline"; going to every hip hop event in my area, connecting with everybody, sending beats to everybody, I'm selling more beats for better prices. Currently I'm charging about 70 $ for a beat but I'm upping that price as I'm finding better customers and my product improves.

When selling offline, I can form business relationships with my customers and let them come back, or let me produce their EP/album. And I get to chill with them in the studio, and connect with the guys in their crew, to which I can also sell beats. Selling online takes more time and perseverance that selling online, but its way more effective and valuable for me.

Last edited:
I wouldnt put all your focus on selling beats online. I've done selling online in the past, and I think I've sold about 2 beats for five dollars each on SoundClick.

That may be caused by a lack of skill or perseverance, but when I started selling beats "offline"; going to every hip hop event in my area, connecting with everybody, sending beats to everybody, I'm selling more beats for better prices. Currently I'm charging about 70 $ for a beat but I'm upping that price as I'm finding better customers and my product improves.

When selling offline, I can form business relationships with my customers and let them come back, or let me produce their EP/album. And I get to chill with them in the studio, and connect with the guys in their crew, to which I can also sell beats. Selling online takes more time and perseverance that selling online, but its way more effective and valuable for me.

How do you sell them do you have them on a Cd or something?

How do you sell them do you have them on a Cd or something?

Yes, whenever I go to perform/see a gig I bring a cd with me, with about 10 beats, usuallyI select beats that fit the style of the artist I'll give the cd to. On the cd I put my soundcloud and email, and invite everyone who gets the cd to contact me. The beats on the cd by the way aren't necessarily for sale, they're mostly used promotional, and as something I can put my contact info on. Usually people don't forget about the cd, where they do forget about business cards.

As soon as they've contacted me I'll usually email them beats that I'm selling.

haha i agree with Bandcoach hella strange title.

In the long run you will not get around investing money if you want to make it your career. At the starting point though you can start by selling personally to artists with straight contact to them via twitter/facebook or even offline. Once you have enough money to get a website, mailing lists, etc i would def. invest in that because that is what will make you succeed in the long run ;)

haha i agree with Bandcoach hella strange title.

In the long run you will not get around investing money if you want to make it your career. At the starting point though you can start by selling personally to artists with straight contact to them via twitter/facebook or even offline. Once you have enough money to get a website, mailing lists, etc i would def. invest in that because that is what will make you succeed in the long run ;)

Thanks bro i appreciate the help

There are alot of ways to do it for free but it will take alot of elbow grease to get it done.

you can always make a free account on soundcloud and use buy links to a paypal invoice page. but I would really suggest making a website and spending a little money on a beat store like soundgine or myflash store. a website is a lot more professional and could get more sales in the long run if you play your cards right, for customers its kind of like buying a car off a lot brand new. Sure they can buy one off the side of the road too but they know theres a risk because they are not dealing with a professional, same with your music, if they are serious artists they are going to want to deal with a professional producer not someone who's using a free account or no account at all.

That's because Youtube is one of the most used search engines online.

Back