How do i sell a beat

Foran Beatz

Alright i know people can lease and buy exclusive beats.But when they want to buy do you give them a WAV file an MP3 file idk what to send them.Do i give them an MP3 only if they buy the exlcusive or a WAV or vice versa
:hmmm::hmmm:

Last edited:
Usually, the way it works is, you as a producer have your own "contract." A completely basic lease, they would just get an mp3 and if you're doing it manually, you would email it to them. A premium lease, they would probably get a WAV file because its higher quality, along with rights to use the song more. An exclusive, most commonly, you give them the WAV file through something like dropbox (a file sharing website) along with ALL of the individual patterns you used to make the beat in WAV form so they can mix and match it themselves. That's called giving them the "tracked out" version but to suggestions: one, based on personal experience, do NOT send anybody anything (unless its a tagged demo) until they pay you and two; go to myflashstore online. You can set up an account where it will automatically sell your beats. You dont have to do anything but upload them and promote it. I personally use rocbattle and soundclick but most consider myflashstore to be the best.

Depends on what they ask for and what you wanna give but usually, yea. It's really whatever y'all come up with or if it's automatic like on a website, it's whatever you wanna give.

Wow! This really helped me too! I'm also trying to get a jump start on my Soundclick career as well.. i'm gradually expanding. I'd appreciate if you could check me out too, I would far beyond love to return the favor! :) I'm on Soundclick as B World Beatz. Thanks guys!

When I sell a exclusive instrumental I provide stems/trackouts

these common things should be known
but because most producers well beatmakers today never worked in the studio with a artist

you know you give the best quality audio file available
think about the whole song making process and see how you as a producer fit into that said process

I really like a point fatalities just made. He said beat makers rather than producers at first because at this point in the game, so many people do it, beat making is a hobby now where as, producing is a profession. So, if you do wanna be at the top of the game, look up how to work with artists and maybe interviews with big producers like Just Blaze.

Back