How do I promote my music

nickcodybarrett

Hello fellow producers,

All of us work our ass off to make the music we make, whether it be good or bad. I spend hours and hours of my time producing and I know a lot of you do too. I've been producing since last summer and so far all I've gotten is 39 followers and an average of 6 likes on every track I post. I even use repost exchange to get exposure.

I know there has to be a better. Isn't there? It amazes me to think how all these big guys got where they are. What can I do to get my music out there and be heard, and for people to legitimally like it. Give me all the possible ways people like me can promote their music.

Thanks,
Nick

You need to leverage a bigger channel's resources, so make the style of music they like and pray they notice you exist. ...lol but you can increase your chances of being noticed a few ways. Offer some ideas for their new projects, or advice based on stuff you've experienced in your local scene. Or offer to bring them out to your city for a show.

The biggest error a lot of noobie artists do is that they spam their songs out and ask for favors but offer nothing in return. ...just be nice to them lol and they may be nice to you, ...but above all, make the style of music they like. You really need their support, and it will build up overtime, ...eventually you'll be able to promote entirely on your own.

Having as team always helps too. It shows you can work with other people and are dedicated to you career as an artist. ...there's not rly a magic formula, but I think those few tips above can help. It takes work lol

Last edited:
Hello fellow producers,

All of us work our ass off to make the music we make, whether it be good or bad. I spend hours and hours of my time producing and I know a lot of you do too. I've been producing since last summer and so far all I've gotten is 39 followers and an average of 6 likes on every track I post. I even use repost exchange to get exposure.

I know there has to be a better. Isn't there? It amazes me to think how all these big guys got where they are. What can I do to get my music out there and be heard, and for people to legitimally like it. Give me all the possible ways people like me can promote their music.

Thanks,
Nick

dont rely on others for a repost do it yourself i never once asked 4 one

Nick,

Check out this video I did. It's a little long, but it's a livestream on 5 ways you can find new audiences for your music. I'm also working on a book about Music Marketing called The Music Marketing Guidebook, that will be out later this year.

Back