How do I market my new EP?

If you know who influences you, but you don't copy them, list that in a self written bio if you haven't already done so and are you planning on making it a free EP or paid?

If you know who influences you, but you don't copy them, list that in a self written bio if you haven't already done so and are you planning on making it a free EP or paid?
The problem is that the people that influence me aren't even in the genre I make. I make music that is essentially a combination of trap, r&b and alternative music all fused together. So, I find it hard to pitch my music.

My EP was supposed to be released by a record label but I don't know what they are doing. If they happen to actually RELEASE the EP on paid streaming services - then it'll be paid. But, right now, it's basically free.

Send it out to promotion channels that play music similar to what you make. They'll play it out to their fanbases (which can reach hundreds of thousands of people). Some may reject you and some may accept you, but that's how you bring your music to market.

Essentially, these channels are the new "radio". Instead of sending your new songs to radio stations like in past, you'll be sending your new songs to these channels on youtube, soundcloud, etc. And, of course, if there are any radio stations that play music like what make, by all means send it to them too.

Eventually you'll be able to use your own fanbase, but until then you'll need to access somebody else's fanbase.

Last edited:
Send it out to promotion channels that play music similar to what you make. They'll play it out to their fanbases (which can reach hundreds of thousands of people). Some may reject you and some may accept you, but that's how you bring your music to market.

Essentially, these channels are the new "radio". Instead of sending your new songs to radio stations like in past, you'll be sending your new songs to these channels on youtube, soundcloud, etc. And of course, if there are any radio stations that play music like what make, by all means send it to them too.
Do you know any good promotion channels?

For trap? no, I'm more in the chill-out arena.

but your songs are tight. I'd wager that channels will feature them. You gotta search for trap channels and trap radio.

For trap? no, I'm more in the chill-out arena.

but your songs are tight. I'd wager that channels will feature them. You gotta search for trap channels and trap radio.
Thanks for listening to my songs! Been sending my music to blogs (using submit hub) and been having little luck.

Ya, start building a contact list of the channels that work the best. I wish I could help. If I come across any cool trap ones, I'll let you know.
Keep this thread alive, I'll post anything I find. Remember the channels / radio stations that help you because they can help you again in the future.

And no problem, they're cool tunes. Reminds me of josh pan a little lol

Last edited:
the best way is to press up cds and sell them
Hire A publicist a legit one can cost around 500 and up
Shoot A Music video for every song on the Ep
Do shows or appearances promoting the Ep

Back