How do I make money selling beats?

Princ3matt

Okay I love making beats and I seen a post on Youtube saying in order to sell beats you need money to begin with. I find that statement to be false because I don't have the most high quality equipment and I know my beats are as good if not better than the next mans. But the thing im having trouble with is exposure and how to get the word out that im a good producer because most producers who know they need to work on their skills post their links everywhere and ruin it for the good producers. Can anyone tell me where can I sell my beats or post them where a lot of people can see them so I can start selling them.

Find someone who will use them,and send it out via email to any reasonably low scale rappers or vocalists and say a little about yourself too. Be realistic dude, don't send them into somewhere like Aftermath, cause it will just be added to the disregard heap and it will never be heard. Just be cool and send in a couple of your best examples.
Be patient too, you won't start making money instantly. I made them for friends to begin with, who then later got into MC'ing at clubs, if you can nail a good link with someone, then you can help each other promotion wise and so on. Also get listening to some very local radio, I used to listen to 'underground' stations which suggested viewers to send their beats in. Admittedly, these stations only had 400 listeners max, but you've got to start somewhere.

Be adimant dude, don't give up if you really want it, 'chase your dreams' (as cliche as it sounds)

:cheers:

yea well, if it only were so easy!

you need promo, (unfortunately promo takes 3times more time than actually producing your beats)

Send demos to every recordlable/radio/artist/club you know, post everything everywhere, forums, boards, social networks, just everything.

its always a nice + to have 1-10k followers, that help spread your shit, and mabey one of them owns a studio/lable or anything.
without a huge promo/social background its very very hard.

so either do the promo yourself, or pay some1 that does it.

otherwise you really need to be THE one best producer, whos tracks are that good that they run themselves, even if there are million others others out there^^

so gl ;D

futureproducers (dot) com/forums/music-business-networking/music-industry-legal-marketing/where-make-money-selling-your-beats-424022/

Check out my posts in that thread...just repace the (dot) since I can't post links

The simplest answer to this is... stop trying to sell beats. Focus on making beats and getting better. Work with some dope well known indie artists for free. Get your name out there and then focus on the business. The climate for making money in the "music biz" has changed a little and you'll do better w/ a discography and most people aren't paying unless you have placements or a name to back it up.

I'd focus on the music and networking. Avoid the beat selling trap, and chasing placements.

My 2 cents

thanks for the replies, im gonna find some local rappers around my area and see if they want to use my beats until im known around my town, then try to send them to record lables.

one way of many is to google 'sell beats' to find beat selling sites that already has a beat buyers. any some offer the email of the buyer also

Back