How do I make money from music?

H

HiQue

Like anyone else, I'd love to one day earn money from doing what I love. Which, in my case, is music.
I'm young as hell, so I don't have rent or anything, but it would be great to have money on the side, and for the future also. I make beats, which are pretty good, but finding people to work with is the hard part. I get a lot of people asking me if they can use this beat, or make them one, but 90% don't actually follow through.
My question is, how do you sell music?
I have no problem with giving it away for free, which I intend to continue doing, but like I said, money would be great.
You can probably tell from reading this that I don't know a lot about business haha
I understand the basics - network, promote, share, blog, ect. But I don't understand how to use them and get results.
So.. yeah. If anyone can help me with this, drop knowledge, please do.
Thanks

contact me or do your own research
some of my posts might help you
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-marketing/learning-business-your-own-383340/
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rst-post-increasing-traffic-your-site-403798/

Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Last edited:
Well turning leads into sales is kinda specific depending on which route you choose. As far as making money from your music, you can lease and sell beats online, chase major placements, sell sounds, try to get your beats placed in tv and movies. Just depends on what your ultimate goal is.

Well turning leads into sales is kinda specific depending on which route you choose. As far as making money from your music, you can lease and sell beats online, chase major placements, sell sounds, try to get your beats placed in tv and movies. Just depends on what your ultimate goal is.

you definitely need to identify your goals in order to attain them

having a plan in general is better than nothing and then over time evolve your that business plan with more details

Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

There are lots of ways to make money doing music. I think the most lucrative is doing music for tv these days. i could be wrong though.

There are lots of ways to make money doing music. I think the most lucrative is doing music for tv these days. i could be wrong though.

Yeah tv is dope. A friend of mine actually got some tracks in an mtv show a few years back and they were paying $150 every time the episode aired and you know how MTV likes to re-run episodes haha. $$$$

Like anyone else, I'd love to one day earn money from doing what I love. Which, in my case, is music.

I know this is a music production forum, but how come no one here loves anything else? I never hear of people talking about how they love math, physics, computer science, or any of the other disciplines that make music creation possible. Is the beat more important than the theory behind the devices that help us to make the beat?

First off, quit trying to make money from music. Make music, the money will follow. No joke, don't start out trying to get paid or you will find yourself extremely frustrated.

Back