How do i get a licsense to sample OTHER peoples music?

L3THAL

i like to use samples...but soundclick is mad strict about using them legally...

so im thinking of purchasing licsensing.. this is what the staff at soundclick said,

"

If you want to use the sample of vocals of an old hit record, you need to first find out who the copyright holder is. Then you you need to contact the copyright holder and get the written approval to use that sample. Sorry, there's no easy or better streamlined way to legally license samples.
_________________"

the problem is I dont know how to find the copyright holder, or even how to purchase it if i found them......im clueless one it comes to this..

i just dont want my account deleted so i want to purchase rights

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

bumping....

If you have the CD, some info should be on it. You can usually contact the publishing company and start there. Look up the song online and see who the record company/publisher are. They usually hold the copyright. If it's a hit record, it ain't gonna be cheap. Hell, they might not even take your callz if they don't know who you are. It's a big can of worms. That's why I stay away.

If it's a Universal track, you're in luck! My buddy works at Universal sample clearance and can get you a price. I can let you know that it's usually NOT cheap or easy to get. Some artists/publishers have been know to refuse to let even big name artist sample their music. Dems are the breaz kid!

If you have the CD, some info should be on it. You can usually contact the publishing company and start there. Look up the song online and see who the record company/publisher are. They usually hold the copyright. If it's a hit record, it ain't gonna be cheap. Hell, they might not even take your callz if they don't know who you are. It's a big can of worms. That's why I stay away.

If it's a Universal track, you're in luck! My buddy works at Universal sample clearance and can get you a price. I can let you know that it's usually NOT cheap or easy to get. Some artists/publishers have been know to refuse to let even big name artist sample their music. Dems are the breaz kid!

I use to love to sample from vinyl but I don't anymore because original instrumentals are just easier to deal with business.time and monetary wise.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
True dat! Sampling is fun fo sho! But now I often sample myself or someone I know who will allow me to use the sample in my track. MUCH easier for business to stay away from it.

True dat! Sampling is fun fo sho! But now I often sample myself or someone I know who will allow me to use the sample in my track. MUCH easier for business to stay away from it.

I also enjoy creating everything from scratch exciting in it's own way

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

"In the old days, samples were $2,500 or $1,500," -RZA And that was back in the day!

Last edited:
Back