How Do I Build a Youtube Audience?

greekianian

I am a beat maker looking to build a following on Youtube.

I've been doing a lot of research about building an audience on Youtube and some of the common key points have been:

1. Make custom eye catching thumbnails
2. Post videos consistently
3. Ask people to subscribe to your channel in the video
4. Collaborate with others to build playlists

Most of these tips come from non-music specific areas, and I was just wondering what else I could be doing to get more emcees in front of my beats.

So if you have had success with building a following on Youtube of at least over 1,000 subscribers I would love to know what has been working for you

Hi greekianian,

Well, if you're asking free traffic I'd say social media, blogs and of course Youtube. To get more views you need to get your videos rank.

Then there's also paid traffic if you're willing to spend.

Youtube and Google is doing well for me right now. I'm not in the music niche yet, but I have experience as an Internet Marketer.

In a lot of the research I have done on building online audiences of all kinds, the three things I see reoccurring are consistency, longevity, and value.

Just like a blog, it may take time to build an audience, but if you put out content consistently, don't quit, and give people some value (reason to watch your videos), you will build an audience with time.

Also, another helpful tip: respond to comments and messages when you get them. People like that. If you can build a little relationship, people will stick with you and maybe even help you spread the word.

Hope that helps.

Study SEO for your videos and set a schedule for yourself. Thats what ive been doing. I dont have nearly 1,000 subscribers but my subs went from 19 to 51 in a month due to me changing a lot of things. High quality thumb nails and a specific way of how i upload everything. I hope this helps.

I found that making a video review or tutorial works best. After you have this done, you would want to build back links to it.

Reach out to other bloggers who are in the same music niche as you and have them link back to your page or youtube channel with anchor text.

keep building backlinks. This is how you move up in SERP.

The anchor text is what you want your page to show up for that specific keyword. :)

Last edited:
Back