How to contact people on Twitter

The Lokkz

The Lokkz Music
I'm curious to how you approach people. For instance i'm hosting a contest and my intentions for reaching out to people right now is to find people that will join the contest. I'm trying to make it to where I can reach out to as many people as I can in a decent amount of time to where I can still create my posts, write blogs, make beats etc.. So what is your tactic for finding new people? Right now I am basically following artists, once they follow me back I listen to their music. Retweet and like their posts and give them feedback on their music. Then I send them a message telling them about the contest and asking them to join. I've basically been copying and pasting the message to every artist that I contact to save time. Do you think this is effective or should I do anything differently? You can read the message that i send them below and tell me what you think of the message. If you have a different approach please share it.

Sample message:
Hey Man how are you? I'm hosting an online rap contest for this month and September called the Dopest Bars Challenge. I'll be giving away some really cool prizes as well as promo to help artists get more exposure via my featured artist of the month page as well as my social media pages, and youtube channel. Would you be interested in stepping up to the challenge?

Back