How can I get my beats heard? How can I make money?

Dumpmatic

I want people to hear my stuff. I think it's pretty good.
I want to make some money off of it too. I spent money on equipment and I want to earn my money back and then some more. Look me up on Soundcloud and Facebook I go by the name of Dumpology

youtube....put your beats to females booty shaking...but put ur website in the intro kuz dem vids get views quick by all kinds of ppl

youtube it up. you don't need women shaking their buts in a video to get notification. also there is this site under bryan-michael cox and some other producers in the game but the site is kind of dead which is why i haven't recommended a lot of people. thestudioexposed.com

Other methods (other than a pimped up YouTube video) might include joining the Sonic Bids website and through them organising some top shows/gigs/festivals to play at. Maybe it would be wise to also create a Twitter account and try to become interactive with several fellow members.

Another good site for advertising your music to likeminded people is through Last.fm and Slice the Pie.

I am developing a site that will also be able to help you immensely, I will message you with the details after I've launched it.

Good luck

Search for internet marketing strategy's, a lot of strategy's will work with beats to. Try to target people that would be intrested in ur beats. Rocbattle, soundclick, youtube, facebook that sorta sites will help ya to.

It's called a "point of difference." What makes you different than any other producer who buys some equipment and can produce good beats? A lot of producers other than a select few don't have much more talent than each other so in my opinion it all comes down to being a good marketer and being able to brand yourself than just having good music.

make a website. put there your beats and with a little bit SEO you can increase sales and also traffic for website.

Website. Social Marketing and SEO. Hit me up if you need services, I do it full time freelance as well as produce

Also, think outside of the internet. If you really want to sell beats, meet face to face with artists. People like to buy in person over online.
Go to places where artists are: Open mic sessions at bars/clubs, hip hop shows, DJ at parties, ask to leave your mix tapes at the barber shop.
Always have your music on you. Play your stuff for people who will want to buy beats off you. Give them your contact information along with your phone and website where they can hear more stuff. And more importantly, tell them your working on new stuff and get their contact info.
Stay in touch with your contacts!

I think the main problem with selling beats is everyone is using the same outlets. Notice how everyone on this post said exactly the same thing. Posting up a website is not marketing neither is posting on a twitter page. If you really want to make real money from your craft learn to think outside of the box. I would start off cold calling local companies people offering my services. For example, local news companies usually has a bank of music for there broadcast. As well as local tv stations. This why you can set up a great group of clients and be able charge a respectable price for your services.

thanks everyone for your helpful advise! i'm on youtube now so search for "Dumpology" and hopefully you'll find me!

I think the main problem with selling beats is everyone is using the same outlets. Notice how everyone on this post said exactly the same thing. Posting up a website is not marketing neither is posting on a twitter page. If you really want to make real money from your craft learn to think outside of the box. I would start off cold calling local companies people offering my services. For example, local news companies usually has a bank of music for there broadcast. As well as local tv stations. This why you can set up a great group of clients and be able charge a respectable price for your services.
:cheers:

Check out the guide in "My Signature" for Marketing Your Beats and its only 7 Bucks!

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Check out the Beats Marketing guide in "My Signature" for Marketing Your Beats and its only 7 Bucks!

Last edited:
Another thing that helps is making the buying process as simple as possible. People like the "NOW" factor when buying things online. Having a player/store really makes you look professional and automates the process. Its a win win for you and the artist.

You can also embed this player/store on Facebook! So artists can listen to and buy your beats on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back