How to become an UNDERGROUND producer?

Hi im 15 and ive been making beats recently, and yeah I look up to 808Mafia and Jahlil but I absolutly hate the people they work with (Ross, Drake, Wayne), I really love the underground rappers such as Immortal Technique, Akir, Binary Star, One Be Lo, Cannibus, The Grouch, Blu, Company Flow and the list goes on. But since theyre underground, there not big on social sites like Facebook and Twitter. So how does someone become a producer wee known in the underground?

*Now obviously I dont plan on being the next Lex Luger or anything, but the underground system doesnt seem as hard to get in. And I was just curious as to how I should one day approach it.

Last edited:
It's quite simple.... Produce what is considered to be underground music. Cater to those artist that are considered underground

i say mix elements of both the different styles of producers you look up to and elements from producers that produce the tracks for some of your favorite underground artists and make something no ones heard before

Start making beats and meeting local artists, even at school or in your neighborhood...done.

can't really say much more
steps are simple
1.make beats
2.meeting local artists
3.continue to network with them (hopefully they will recommend you to other artists)

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

*Now obviously I dont plan on being the next Lex Luger or anything, but the underground system doesnt seem as hard to get in. And I was just curious as to how I should one day approach it.

Just start reaching out to people. It's not like you only have one shot at it. It's okay to make mistakes, and you should expect to make a ton of them. The mistakes you make will give you the answers you seek. Learn the music business, or hire a promo team. If you decide to get a promo team, make sure your money is right. Don't even think about management right now, doing so is a waste of time. Most managers make $1000+ per clients, and this is not based on a promise from the artist. Real managers choose the clients based on music, money, personality and fan base. My guess it that you can afford to pay a managers salary, so stick to DIY as long as possible.

Good luck and God bless.

Back