How to approach big blogs?

Somasu

It seems almost impossible to get on Pigeons & Planes, Fader, Clash etc. without clout/cosign? It seems that the artists that end up there already have a pretty solid fanbase. And that's the catch-22 I'm facing; I need a fanbase/cosign to get into big blogs (seemingly), but I need the big blogs to help obtain said cosign/fanbase.

This is the song I'm trying to promote: Psychosis by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Still trying to figure this one out myself as well... I think it's still worth sending emails if you have something that you think is deserving but it seems like you really need a pre-existing massive following or a label pushing you in order to make it happen.

Edit: my post is geared toward electronic music. You'll have to find the blogs that do your style.

Maybe go for smaller blogs first and move up? Don't start with like the Nest HQ. the Nest will find you when they want to find you haha.

Euphoric posts songs but I think they have to be unreleased, maybe try around those blogs, or even smaller ones. You gotta think tho, these blog posts take time and coding to get online. It's not like a facebook post, and click - it's up. It takes a bit of work.

so... they're really looking for something that will drive traffic to them as well.

Last edited:

Do something more than make music. Make friends with people. Wash people's cars. Cook people's food. Serve coffee. Walk dogs. Do what people don't want to do. Then hit them with your music. A "great" song is not enough.

Back