How to actually promote your music ?

JaySpring

Hey, so I published my only track not a long time ago, and obviously I got stucked at the part of getting the audiance, sharing my song. I tried joining Facebook groups, but they are worthless, because if people only come to share theyre music and not to give feedback, who is gonna give you one ? There were about 20-30 songs in a row withouth a single like or a comment. People naively come, post and just wait to get views...it wont work that way right ? I tried searching for a lot of forums, I came to this one. I actually got feedbacks here which I am thankfull for, but the problem is that you pretty much got a feedback from anotther producer, if you know what I mean...So how am I / or we...Supposed to share the music with normal audience, with people who only listen to music, they dont join these forums, or groups right ? I am just curious, and maybe someone who has a nice amount of followers will comment on how he did it. This is just my opinion. What do you think about it ?

Depends what your goals are.

If you want to licence your music to Film & TV, try Broadjam.
If you want to licence your music to publishers/record labels, try PMP.

Create a SoundCloud and join various groups. Find similar songwriters and collaborate with them, and just keep learning. Don't just follow random people hoping they follow back or leave a comment. Follow somebody with value, like another producer or songwriter. Collaborate with them, or offer a valuable service to them, and their followers will follow you.

I checked out your SoundCloud, and it's not bad at all for a first song. I would suggest getting your tracks professionally mixed. It will only cost $20-40 per track. It's a good investment until you get enough practice to do it yourself.

Wow thank you for your reply. YES I want to licesne my music so I will definitaly try your advice. What groups do you mean I should join ? Yes I will definitally do something with the mixing/mastering, there is so many tutorials, plugins, etc... for this. I will practice this. Appreciate this comment :)

Facebook, add alot of music artist AND producers, find music groups, make an email list and update it regularly, if you have any tips, tutorials, or product reviews, make a blog. Make a twitter also.

Back