help please for school project on distribution for a independent label.

dmajor100

Doing a school project and really really needing help in coming up with a record label plan heres the plan

50,000 budget for the label
? dollar amount for a signing advance for a new artist

What would be the best possiable way to distribute for lets say a new electronic dj maybe even doing a joint venture deal with a major distributor and what conditions would be good to agree upon. Like i know cdbaby,rhapsody,itunes,amazon and mom and pops and places to dish out a artists work but what are the details i can explain that will be a good plan.please

this is a very detailed plan what is your professional looking for do you even have a outline together???

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Well this is a 3 presentation that Will explain how our plain is effective

Administarion-Legal,contacts,accounting

Promotion & marteting

Distribution

Are the main focusus and we gotta explain just a bit how we Will come up with the ideas to grt our artist out there and be successful. my part is the distribution and i researched the joint venture idea to have more power for all the listed subjects and be more able to get things done. So i gotta focus on this just to cover my task.

research CDbaby and Tunecore
setup your budget how many albums you plan on sellings etc. I did this for my real business plan

Thats the thing everyone in our class has a fixed buget of 50,000 and i took a quick glance at cdbaby today at a chart saying like cdbady profits like 4 to 7 cents a single sold and simliar things. What should i research tho and how do i connect it to cd sold, profits made back,% a artist Will make off of sales=this may be administrative but still goo to know. Very confusing since i am a producer and this is not something i major in..

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ive been researching different things but most just say digital and cd distribution and all the ways to sell which i stated in my first post are things i know. This does not have to be really detailed but some what cause it looks better

This is something I snatched from my business plan

Gross Sales Digital $12.00x25,000 units=$300,000

Distribution Fee $5.00x25,000 units=($125,000)

Recording/Mixing Fee ($10,000)

Production Fee ($10,000)

Additonal Production Fee ($10,000)

Promotion Fee ($10,000)first phase

Promotion Fee ($10,000) second phase

Artist compliation advance ($20,000)

30% Artist Share ($90,000)

Artist Share w/recoupable fee reduction ($10,000)

Total Gross Profit $300,000

Total expenses ($295,000)

Total Recouple Fee $70,000

Total Gross Profit $15,000

Total Net Profit $90,000

Wow and this was a indepentdent label idea nice. Our teacher is not so much worried about numbers but more if the steps we should take to make our pitch to our artist a good one. The last thing i gotta wright is why should our this New artist sign with us. So is there a lighter way to put a good distribution plan even thos its a business plan im focusing on this. 50,000 grand minus the artist advance how do i put this towards digital and cd distribution and is a joint venture more complicated or should i say we would do a only distribute deal with a major label.

steps is contacting CDbaby or Tunecore with your music that's it very easy these days.
simple as sitting in a chair.
I wouldn't worry much about physical copies distribution only at show and CDbaby provides a scanner so your can do cards look deep into their services you should be doing this anyway.. I didn't know alot of this too.but research is key to get the best deals and potential out of your money.
promotion/marketing is the hard part period

If I have been helpful to you I like to add a quote from you onto my website
you can remain anonymous

Back