help please how to sell my 1st beat

RICP

Red LiGHT
I'm about to sell my 1st beat but don't know how it works and how much I should sell them?

check out my soundclick page it's called Still and the other one is called the union

Thanks

Sell your first beat? is it a lease or an exclusive?

What are you using to sell your beat? Paypal? Credit card? what? Need more info.

yhh, It's an Exclusive and I'm using paypal
How much should I sell them?
how much do you sell your beats?
Thanks

Is this an original production or sampled? Also if its exclusive your rates should be generally higher. $200-$500 is a good range for starters. It depends on the artist, intended use, will there be splits involved, etc...

Whats there budget?

It's an original production.
what about the leases? I was thinking about something around 25$-50$
I don't know about his budget but it doesn't look like he's got anything going on.
Thanks.

Non-exclusive licences could be in the same range. But $25-$50 is a decent amount. Its all up to you though. I wouldnt assume "he doesnt have anything..." that song may become a hit. If your going to do a non-exclusive license just make sure he signs the paperwork.

He's got mixtapes. But I'm not gonna work with him.
Instead I got some other artists to work with. one of them is doing good.
I'd like to ask you should I give artists free beats? I personally don't agree with that.
Paperwork I was reading about it. I assume that's an agreement between me and the artist

A little trick. Never give out your prices... if you are willing to accept anything or don't know what your prices should be... Kindly ask "Whats your budget for the beat(s)/project?". This is key in negotiating. You never know how much an artist has to drop on a beat. Could be $1,000... could be $10. But thats always been a good starting point for me.

You asked how much I charge? Personally, I charge $19.99 for leases and no less than $500 for exclusives... (I charge $19.99 just to be "cheap.")
Occasionally I cut deals for people though. I cut a recent deal and sold a lease for $15 today. $25-50 is not a bad price range however.

Back