Help I Got Robbed

tonipeace

Wat up ya'll , I was recently burglarized and they got me for about 25k worth of stuff
most of it mine some my buddies gear too. Anyhow I'm insured with Music Pro for
about 20 and i'm getting ready to go threw the motions with them. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with them before and what I should expect.
I been reading horror stories online , its a fake company ,that your stuff gets depreciated to nothing or that they don't cover software all kinds of stuff and i'm kind of spooked .
I really would appreciate any feedback or if anyone has ever made a claim with a similar company how it went for them.Should I get my own adjuster ?

I never dealt with this company and this one thing I need to research in detail for my business plan...insurance...
a friend here on the site gave me the name he uses for insurance so I'm going to research several different companies and chose one which fits my needs...

A few things to consider... Paperwork: What's your contract say? Did anyone come to examine the equipment? Do you have pictures of your equipment and their condition? Basically if you're nervous about this insurance company, I would search everything in that contract.

Sorry this reply is late, however.......You need to get yourself a "Public Insurance Adjuster". This is a person that will work on your behalf as a lawyer would. They go up against your insurance company to get you the fairest outcome, and for this you pay them 10% of the money that is payed out.

They will get you far more than if you just go up against your insurance company by yourself. I know this. I had a claim where the insurance company wanted to pay $18G....and my public adjuster got me $26K which is what I should have gotten in the first place. Sure it cost me $2,600 but I got much more.

Your insurance company will tell you otherwise because they are full of bull. Google "Public insurance adjuster" look under wiki.

For the future if you have 25K worth of gear then use your head and go to a real insurance company.

Last edited:
sorry to hear that, but you gotta be careful who let see your equipment and take extra security measures. never heard of company tho

The problem with insurance is that they have very strict rules as to the exact use of any equipment. You may well get quotes for personal use to save money. But unfortunately it all goes tits up if you try to make a claim and they get wind of the fact that you had a studio.

What ever you do, make sure that you are a bit more secure this time. The amount of times the thieves actually come back a second time to grab what they missed the first time or the replacements.

insurance for producers and artists is overlooked alot of confusing
I say talk to your insurance provider..if you have a business name it might be easier to get your business equipment covered
if you're just a diy business trying to keep everything you do on the low
then it might be harder and you still can talk to your insurance agent and see what they cover under your home/renter insurance..shop around at the major insurance companies first
Should You Consider Music Equipment Insurance? - YouTube
Video Insurance - YouTube
MusicPro | Benefits | BMI.com

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

https://www.musicproinsurance.com/InstEquip.aspx

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

https://www.musicproinsurance.com/HelpCenter/Default.aspx
I also suggest that you talk one on one with your insurance agent whether through music pro or any other insurance company
and you should have entertainment lawyer on your team because I'm sure they will cover you legally to get the most out of any insurance claims...
keeping detailed records on your equipment and updating your insurance company

I really like the idea of "Public Insurance Adjusters" and have to admit that I had never heard of them previously.

Damn, Sorry bout that...It happened to me, too. I was a sickening feeling, I didnt wanna leave the crib afta that shit happened >:-(

Very good advice guys, thanx!

Last edited:
Burglary is always a distressing thing. Not just the actual theft, but also the fact that these scumbags have been going through all you private belongings. Even the stuff they don't steal feels somehow tainted afterwards.

Back