Help Critque My Website So I Can Get Better Sales!

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I have been producing for a while and I am new to the whole marketing side of things. I just got my website last month and I have leased 2 beats for far through Facebook for $100 each. I am having trouble building more clientele and making more money. A lot of people say my beats are dope and they will buy it and whatever but not a lot of it comes through. I am wanting some critiques and advice on my website on what I should do to improve it, what the quality of my beats are, is my pricing over priced or under priced, and most importantly I am looking for advice on building a networking system through social media and stuff so I can get a bigger and better clientele of more serious artists who will buy my beats. Here is a link to my website:

Rob Dolla$ Productions

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

I would start by not showing yourself smoking 'sometin' on your main page. I would design a logo that you will use for commercial releases. See mine for reference. I would fill out your bio page, look up professional resume's on how to fill it out to command more respect. I would also list what software and hardware you know how to use, just in case someone calls you in to do some studio time. Take look at what your favorite producers use, and get familiar with it, just in case down the road you want to do a collaboration with them.

Cheers and good luck,

James

Hey StanleySteamer, I don't know if you are still checking back here about the website but I scrolled through your entire website and I have a few critiques for you. Feel free to use them if you want or ignore them completely.

1. Branding is great! But there such thing as overdoing it. I think it is awesome that you have your brand and logo on your website but setting it in the background can be a bit busy and distracting. With the translucent buying platform, it makes it hard to read the song titles. You want your consumers to be able to clearly see what it is that they are listening to and purchasing.

2. Turn off auto-play. The last thing you want to do is alienate your customers with sounds they weren't expecting. I get it, you want people to hear your music. The thing is, if they are on your website, they are already going to listen to your music.

3. Take the time to finish your about page. Consumers typically want to know who they are about to do business with. Beat selling is no different. I would even venture to say, put a little biography before the beat selling platform on the homepage.

4. Write up a quick FAQ and include questions that people might want to know the answers to before purchasing. You have a section for licensing info set up, which is great. Change that to your FAQ and include the licensing info in it.

That is really all I have for right now. I hope you find some of this useful! Keep up the hard work!

Last edited:
Back