got 5M hits on YT, now need advice.

Fernando Lavado

hey My name is fernando lavado and I need help on how to make money about this situation. I have made some videos wich have reach top search results on google and youtube, now if you search for "clases de guitarra"(guitar lessons) on those search engines I will come up as first result and since a few years and its giving me a lot of traffic ,I have made just exactly 2 guitar lessons videos on youtube in spanish and now I want to create a whole program, I have been teaching guitar since almost 10 years and I know how to engage begginners and I have tons of material to produce tons of videos and I was thinking about reaching brands so they help me out with the production cost of the videos in exchange of publicity, what I need to know its how to manage this,need Ideas bout how much can I ask them and how much should I offer to them in terms of final product.

you can check me here:
facebook dotcom / fernando.lavado
youtube dotcom / fernandolavado

Any help suggestion will be really appreciated!! thanks!!!

Hey Fernando. An easy way to start off with generating revenue from your YouTube videos is the ads. If you go to your account settings in YouTube, look towards the "Chanel Settings" and you should find the option of "Monetization". Click on this and click the first link under "Guidelines and Information". Youtube and Google will help you through the rest but from what I understand, you pay a base fee of some sort and the more traffic you generate to your videos, the more money you'll make due to the amount of times the advertisements will be seen by an audience. Hope this helps! I have more ideas on how to broaden your approach; if you're interested shoot me a PM.

KL

Kickstarter will also be a good option just come up with a great presentation of what you will do why should they invest in you. You could also start a webpage and offer lessons via streaming and dont forget us producers need instrument lessons add a discount on that and you will make it rain

I'm not sure how "hot" infoproducts are in Spanish markets but I'd go with creating a course and either charge a recurring fee and release the videos week by week or a one off fee and have most of the videos uploaded ready to watch.

That's not something you could do on youtube tho.

thank you all for your responses, are ver helpfull, Since I got 1.5M on a video lesson I was thinking that there might be some guitar related brands that would like to get that exposure,you know like sponsorships that is me playing their guitars or amps in my videos and me getting something(free equipment or maybe money) for doing that, what I need to know is what can I ask for it, I dont know if gettin 100 dollars for talking about or using their brands its a good deal or not, I have not idea at all of how sponsorships work and how valuable is the exposure I can offer. does anyone here knows about some good place/person/consultancy agent/cool guy that can help me on this? thanks!!

I would strongly consider a direct advertising model or sponsorship, rather than endorsement deal type of situation, and no, $100 is not enough... I'm not sure about YouTube's rules though. You could consider a DVD package. Do you do English-language lessons as well?

PM me if you want, we could work something out.

GJ

Approach a few brands with an actual presentation with your social media stats, what you can offer, etc. and maintain/build relationships with people you feel can help you achieve your set goals. Essentially, if you show someone in the industry you have a loyal following and you can deliver, the sky is the limit. Basic business. Referrals are everything and you're basically offering a service in exchange for promotion of a company/group/whatever that can increase their consumer base.

Back