Good read on how to put your song into video games

"Another thing I'd suggest is not working for free as forever will it dominate your destiny, as Yoda might say. It's just not healthy, and it devalues what you do."

#jusSayin

IMO this article is not really a "how to" but more of a "I'm a successful composer, check out how I get down and how I started and oh yea I started a site that might help you get out there so check that out too".

IMO this article is not really a "how to" but more of a "I'm a successful composer, check out how I get down and how I started and oh yea I started a site that might help you get out there so check that out too".

isn't that what everyone's blog site is about??????

If you didn't like it, just move on to the next thread. No hard feelings.

Good read. The part about skipping traditional genres is important, IMO. Video games use EDM, beats, and all kinds of music, but generally speaking, I notice a lot of unique soundtrack type stuff in games today. If you send pure HipHop beats, your reach will be more limited.

As for "how to get placements"... Seem like people want the magic 1-step answer, when it's really just like anything else. Make connections, make good music, and it helps to cross your fingers and hope for luck sometimes.

Back