A good place to build a website to sell Beats?

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
Pretty much just as stated. I'm looking for information on building a good beat selling website. Should I get someone else to build it or should I try to do it myself? Where should I go? who Should I use? any information on the subject will be most appreciative.

Use a content management system like Wordpress?

You can buy or download a Wordpress theme... If you want a custom theme: get a theme with the functionality you want, and then find a designer/developer to expand on it.

You can probably do quite a bit yourself with Wordpress. Google is a great tool, but you won't be coding anything significant. I've messed with a lot of CSS and HTML code in the past, with the help of tutorials and articles I've found through Google. Make sure to back things up, that's my only tip a lot of articles forget to mention.

Cheers,
Jordan

Thanks. I was supposed to have a friend build the website for me, but he's pretty much flaked off on it so I've been kinda ass out. Any opinion on squarespace?

Thanks. I was supposed to have a friend build the website for me, but he's pretty much flaked off on it so I've been kinda ass out. Any opinion on squarespace?

Three days ago I've put myself a website on squarespace and I'm quite happy with the result - THECLD - Hip Hop & Rap Beats

For me it's more than enough, it's easy to build & cheap. I have a problem with mobile version of my site because of myflashstore player (it won't resize automatically), so I just turn off mobile version for now. Now I only have to somehow encourage people to visit my website but I hope that sooner or later it will happen... :).

Feel free to ask if you want to know more about squarespace, peace!

Hi,

Sorry about the really late response. But I have no opinion on Squarespace. I've never used it. Apparently, it's quite good...

I think you'd be better off with Wordpress... You have literally infinite options all at a low price.

I recommend using webs.com, I did everything from scratch and created a very unique site. thousands of producers like to purchase custom layouts but if you think about it you wont stand out, even if your beats are on point. You want to stand out 100% from the rest, webs makes it very easy to do so with their drag and drop editing. You can embed beat stores, see where your traffic is coming from, create a personal web store, blog, forum, and have your customers create a members account all in one place (I just gave out a huge secret). When visitors sign up to our site the automatically give us access to their emails which we can send blasts at anytime (We are currently 339 members strong). Think about how easy it would be to stay in contact with those that like your music and purchase from you, most of your money will come from return customers and I truly believe that this is the best way to go.

how have you guys gone about SEO management? I'm struggling to get good google rankings on a small budget

SEO is important, but I wouldn't put too much energy into it. The competition is very strong and too many people put their energy for you to really make an impact. We have made and saved a lot more money when we stopped advertising on google, facebook, twitter, etc.

Work on your SEO by working on building a website of fantastic content. In time, Google will see you are a quality website. I don't even regard it as important.

This is my "hierarchy of importance":

1. Website & its content
2. Newsletter & managing/replying to emails
3. General Social Media
4. SEO

Why? I get a better return on interest from my newsletter than I do social media and SEO combined. By that I mean: if I put a certain amount in to 2, the returns are greater than the same amount I put in to 3 & 4. (Not that I put much effort in to social media, as it can be very time consuming)...

^^ This more than anything else

Content is king in the world of SEO

Publish at your own site first then republish elsewhere if you think you have created great content - some of my best content was created as answers to posts here and at other music forums, but I always made sure that I published at my own site first. Most of the assets for my posts also live on my servers so even if the assets is linked to by someone else they are almost always linking back to my server which increases my seo visibility

how have you guys gone about SEO management? I'm struggling to get good google rankings on a small budget

Content rules the SEO world. At the end of the day, people just want to find the information they seek. Become a better provider of information and people will gravitate to your site. I've noticed significant spikes in web traffic when posting new content; although I haven't posted anything new in a while. Websites that hire good bloggers usually see the most traffic, the more you give the more you get; at least, this is what I've seen from my own research and efforts.

It comes down to what you want your outcome to be. When I created Anthemize, I set out to create the best instrumental marketplace that I could. Knowing that I wanted this to be my outcome, I decided to hire the best to create the platform. Now we have something that is completely unique versus what is out there. This shows... Clients recognize that "Wow this is something different" and that has led to more sales for us. It isn't the cheapest route to go, but if you want the best site... Hire the best guys to make it. Look for development companies who also know strategy. That's been key for us.

With that said, I would opt for using Wordpress over Squarespace. Squarespace is neat, but less scalable.

Hope that helps

:)

If your looking to build a professional website and have strong SEO I definitely recommend wordpress. I've messed around with squarespace but why would you pay for monthly/yearly subscriptions when you can buy a wordpress theme for (at the MOST) $59. Plus the newest wordpress themes come with drag and drop builders so it basically does everything squarespace does and a lot more. The only monthly payment you pay is for your domain name and hosting which in total is $7. Plus wordpress gives you COMPLETE control over your website. You can view stats, manage newsletters, easily sell products and a lot more.

You can upload Yoast SEO into your wordpress and this plugin walks you through developing your own SEO. Its actually very simple and deals with commonly searched keywords. the more keywords you show the easier google will be able to read your site.

With all that being said I've bought over 5 wordpress themes in the past year and the BEST for producers is the Focus Wordpress theme. Its geared for the modern producer and the support team has helped me greatly. This is another bonus to wordpress. The support team walked me through a lot and I hired one of their designers for only $25 per hour.

https: // focuswptheme . com

No love for wix? Wix and WordPress are my go to atm.

I'm actually looking to upgrade to my own beatstore but can't seem to find any information on how. Right now I'm using myflashstore and beatstars for stems. I'd much rather have my own system on my website. I know alil coding but I can't even find a jumping off point out there. Please help

Back