Getting Major Placements? Smh...

I have been Grinding for so Long trying to get Major Placements! But its just not working or maybe am not just that Patience? I know my beats are HoT! I even got dope beats w/hooks! I just dont understand how people get placements easily! What I'v noticed is that Music Executives and A&R's like doin is pickin Producers who already Have a couple major placements! Cmon I'v seen that a lot of times, A&R's will reject producers with 0 credits & then pick or talk to those with major credits! I mean a few big A&R's Know me but they choose to place beats for producers who already have big placements! Thats not fair! Is there a way U guys know how to get placements? I know about Pmp and all dat stuff... I'm tired of hearing Major Artists Rapping on some Wack beats when I got that Heat...

Ok well man my proposition is stop looking for major placements... and find a artist in your city and develop them! Make them hot in your city and make some noise!! And also look on twitter for A&R's

You have to realize that the terms “good/bad” are subjective. What's good to you may not be good in the eyes of the client.

If Big A&Rs know you but are not selecting you … that should tell you something

1. Maybe the material you have isn't what they need
2. Your relationship isn't as strong as you think it is

1 thing I learned interning is relationships are important but they don't guarantee a damn thing

Ok well man my proposition is stop looking for major placements... and find a artist in your city and develop them! Make them hot in your city and make some noise!! And also look on twitter for A&R's

I agree with this guy. Start from the bottom and build your brand up. Success doesn't happen overnight.

I think networking is very important. Like they say, its not what you know, it's who you know. By networking with the right people, it can get your foot into the right places. Also i think it important to establish a brand to stand out. Its a very competitive industry.

Also thing of the vibe of a project, you might have the hottest tracks ever but if they dont fit the style the album is going in, its just a hot beat and not something that will be placed. It's a lot more to it than just hot beats imo.

Everyone is making valuable points. I think the most important point is building your relationships and developing your brand. Building an artist up from scratch will not only put your beats on the map but will also show the people with power that you can develop an artist as well. This is what separates beat makers from producers. Get the A&Rs and Major Artist looking for you rather than you looking for them. Make a name for yourself and stand out!

A&Rs choose well known producers because it brings in a definite fan base.
Try working with one artist on a complete project. Promote it. Get people to be familiar with your sound.
Look at 9ths career - Hi-Tek list goes on.

Ok well man my proposition is stop looking for major placements... and find a artist in your city and develop them! Make them hot in your city and make some noise!!
this.

these people did this and went big:

Boi-1da, T-Minus, 40, and Drake
Jahlil Beats and Meek Mill
Lex Luger and Waka Flocka FLame
Young Chop and Chief Keef

the list goes on! :)

One thing I can say that hasn't been said yet is that you gotta make yourself an asset. A hot beat is just a hot beat, the more you bring in addition to it the better you look. You gotta remember, at the end of the day, this all just a money game. Sure producers get placements based on just having a hot beat but the chances of that are slim, ESPECIALLY for producers that have no buzz because there is no guarantee that if an artist gets on your beat that the track they'll make with it will sell. There's also MILLIONS of people with hot beats so to differentiate yourself from the sea of clones, its important to diversify. If you haven't already, pick up some instruments, learn some engineering techniques or a different style of Rap/Hip-Hop or a different genre all together. And sometimes it takes more than just sending a couple beats to an artist or their manager to get in. Go to some shows, meet some people, find out who's in their entourage and get in where you fit in. Jus a few thoughts...

Last edited:
one thing i can say that hasn't been said yet is that you gotta make yourself an asset. A hot beat is just a hot beat, the more you bring in addition to it the better you look. You gotta remember, at the end of the day, this all just a money game. Sure producers get placements based on just having a hot beat but the chances of that are slim, especially for producers that have no buzz because there is no guarantee that if an artist gets on your beat that the track they'll make with it will sell. There's also millions of people with hot beats so to differentiate yourself from the sea of clones, its important to diversify. If you haven't already, pick up some instruments, learn some engineering techniques or a different style of rap/hip-hop or a different genre all together. And sometimes it takes more than just sending a couple beats to an artist or their manager to get in. Go to some shows, meet some people, find out who's in their entourage and get in where you fit in. Jus a few thoughts...

^^ this.

You have to give what the A&R's want. Find a Clique for yourself. Something that only you can be known for, and sets you aside from everyone else.

Back